Maserati Levante Forum banner

Bought a Levante today!

20K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  hemsmurali 
#1 ·
So it doesn't seem that this forum is very active yet, and I hope as more people get their cars, we can talk, share, and enjoy owning this unique vehicle. I've attached a couple of pictures, and put a few miles on today. So far, so good.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, welcome to the club. I have put 500 miles on my S already and loving it. My only beef is with the stick -- many reviewers have dissed it, and it is weird. But once it's in drive it's a rocket. I also mistakenly did not upgrade the stereo when I ordered my verde.

I'm also waiting for some aftermarket items to come out. Desperately need rubber winter floor mats -- it is an off roader after all -- and an OEM "Levante" license plate holder.

#3 ·
Btw, it's a head turner. I have people stopping to ask about the Levante. It's really unique, no one has ever seen one before. And the comments are all about how beautiful she is. I have also had a few cars race to try to catch up to her after I pass them -- they want to see what she is. Haven't we all done that? "Hey what is that car? pull up and check..." You can just imagine the comments "a Maserati SUV?!"

#4 ·
Nice, I would have liked to driven the S, I bet it's a monster. The base version feels very strong.

Question: do you ever feel a vibration like under the floorboard that is intermittent? Sounds like a Heat guard vibrating or something. Just curious.

Also post pics of your car if you have some!

#7 ·
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm curious.

Meanwhile, have you tried Apple Car Play yet? It's great for dictating texts while driving and music interface, although it's annoying Apple does not let you use google maps or Waze. It's nice to be able to use your smartphone rather than the built in gps with no traffic etc.I bought a throw away android phone so I can use Android Auto for Google maps and Waze. It's good for that -- GM is superior to Apple maps -- but otherwise I don't love the android interface.

But I love my paddle shifters.... ;-)

#11 ·
As another poster cleared up on the wheel wells and bottom trim, I guess it's an option and I guess mine has it. Both look great.

I have not tried Apple Play yet. I do have a iPhone so will use it but bummed to here Apple won't let you use the good map program, although I found the GPS in the car to work very quickly. And it lets you punch in an address while you're driving which is nice, my other vehicle you have to be stationary.

Yes I'm getting the hang of the paddle shifters, in manual mode. I find keeping the RPMs between 3500-5500 is where the torque of this motor is in it almost feels faster to shift in that range than to let it redline. I'm very curious how much faster the S feels then my base because I'm very happy with the power.

#8 ·
Hello everyone, it's nice to see there is a Maserati Levante forum. Pictures above looks great. I ordered mine in 1st week of June, the dealer told me last Monday it is schedule to arrive at the port on September 29th. I gonna call him Monday again to get the update. Between can you tell me how long does it takes to get to the dealer from the port, I live in Indianapolis.

#9 ·
Beautiful rides. I ordered a Sport back in May, but no ETA on delivery, as I didn't want to give up the sport seats to get it here faster. Dealer said it may come in over the next few months or may be spring, due to the sport seats being backordered. It's good to see it out on the road though, and it's definitely a head turner. Bengoshi, is yours the Verde Ossido color in those pictures? I ordered that color, not really knowing what it would look like in person, so was curious.

#12 · (Edited)
Bengoshi, is yours the Verde Ossido color in those pictures? I ordered that color, not really knowing what it would look like in person, so was curious.
That is indeed the Verde. I was worried it was going to read too "green" -- my wife and daughter selected, I had to yield to get them on board -- but it's more a bad ass "grey green." I love the color. Dudes at dealership told me people were all saying "that's the color I want, what is that?!"

#15 ·
Congrats on the new car! I myself got a 2017 Ghibli S. Trying to pick up a levante for the wife.

Wanted to know how did you get the carplay to work?

Also, did you receive any keychains or coffee mugs from maserati after purchasing the vehicle? During the finance process the guy doing the paperwork told Maserati will send me some goodies keychain and coffee mug been 2 months already did not receive anything wondering if he was BSin or if anyone received anything ?

#17 ·
I haven't really used the Apple Car Play much....There is a nice "slot" to slide the phone into inside the console compartment BUT the downside is I forget to take my phone when I get out of the car. Old age, I guess!!:surprise:

#19 ·
Anyone have any shots of Google Auto in the Levante, I have ordered mine but it is not schedule to be here in Seattle until Late Feb/March...the waiting is terrible, got grigio maratea with the red/gray zegna package, 20 in wheels...should be pretty unique
Love the pics and updates from current owners

#20 ·
Sounds sweet -- make sure you upgrade to the Harmon Kardon, I did not and the base unit is meh. I bought a burner Android phone just to try Android Auto, and it works nicely. Bonus of course is Google Maps, but no Waze yet. But Apple Carplay maps is getting better I must say so I mainly use that. I would post a picture but my Verde Ossido is in the shop, as I mentioned elsewhere! Maybe next week

#26 ·
got mine today... have a couple of questions...??

i have an android... i thought i read the android play works real good... but... im having a problem.. I can only get the canned message responses for a txt...

i get a text... hi jeff what are you dooing to day..

i hit reply ... and it will only let me send a reply message from the list... i cant say.. im out driving my levante...

also ... i thought i read i could even get apps on the screne like maze??..

thanks
jp

#27 ·
Congrats on the new ride! What version of Android are you using on your mobile device? You'll need to make sure you have the Android Auto app installed on your mobile device, and ensure you're running 5.0 Android (Lollipop) or higher. You may need to use the cable to interface with the vehicle to get full functionality. You are right in that you should be able to use certain Apps on the screen in the vehicle, such as Maps showing Nav directions etc. The Android auto app on your mobile does all the work and should be pushing the interface on your mobile device to the car head unit. You should also be able to reply via voice to your text messages. Hopefully this provides some insight.

This may help as well. Android Auto: The ultimate guide | Android Central

#28 ·
humm
i running lollipop 6.0.1 and i have android auto installed.. from what i read when i plug in the usb i SHOULD get a setup for my car and phone in android auto.. but nothing really happens ... I get android auto on my phone screen and i can control the music from the phone.. but i do not get the screen on the car.. also i guess the phone icon is surpose to change to the app icon.. and that does not happen... is there something i need to set in the car...??

thanks

jp

#31 ·
I have another rookie question... Is there a place to set the default seat and steering wheel heat..?? everytime I get in it turns on the drivers seat and wheel..
dont hate it right now... but come summer ... its a problem...I thought it might go with the seat profile (1 or 2) but it does not/?.. thanks...

also.. is the car surpose to default to comfort ride... ie if im in sport shut off and get back in.. the car switchs to comfort.. it that surpose to happen..

thanks

jp

#34 ·
To answer your questions, yes the car will default to 'non-sport' mode as the default setting every time you start it back up. With regards to your steering wheel heat scenario, is the car automatically turning that on every time you get into it and start it up?

#32 ·
Just got notified that my car finished production is being moved to pre shipping storage. Anyone out there have any ideas how long it might take to go from this stage to shipping and delivery? Just curious - it is status 85 on the maserati computer system.

#35 ·
To check out trim levels etc, you can check out cars.com and look at the Levantes posted by the various dealers. That should give you some insight into the colors, and trim looks. I agree, the books, and website don't do justice to the finishes and paint color at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.