Question...Need help from actual owners...About to buy one, but - Maserati Levante Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question...Need help from actual owners...About to buy one, but

Its about the Trailer hitch....Dealer in Houston has 5 levente's that he received and ALL had Trailer hitches....This is the strange part, but nothing on window sticker or paper work that says trailer hitch option was ordered.....He thinks that Maserati is putting them on standard, event though configurator says it's a option........

I have a deposit on a car in Fl. (Im in La.) and Dealer said it has no hitch......I called Houston dealer back (which doesn't have a car in color we want) and he said, You have to look in the RIGHT SIDE Cargo area, and open a compartment and there is a Black Bag, it has the Plug in receiver that goes UNDER the bumper, after removing a plastic cover....He said, he discovered it by accident and said all the cars had one.....

I told dealer in Fl about this and he said he checked, but couldn't find bag ( I think he sent a gofer out and he didn't really know what he was looking for) anyway, Fl Dealer said, that behind the cover, under bumper, is a Black sensor box (maybe for kick sensor for lift gate) .........I'm thinking, since he really didn't look himself....I wonder if the black box, was a cover for the hitch receiver?? Can any owners out there please check to see if there is a black bag with Hitch in cargo area, not sure if its on the Side or the floor of cargo area, but Houston dealer said on Right side...

I need to know ASAP......the Dealer in Fl said he can see if Drawtite and install a hitch, but I hate to do that if one is already there and they just don't know how to look for it, because car is so new. Weird that Houston got 5 cars with trailer hitches and they never ordered them with it, or show up on window sticker...HELP!! Lol.

Anyway, I send a few Personal messages to some owners here, but I think they didn't go though because I don't have enough posts yet....I also have pictures of the hitch from the houston dealer. I'll try to post if forum lets me
Thanks so much for any help
Mark M
Lafayette, La.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HItch.jpg (166.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HItch 1.jpg (195.8 KB, 19 views)

Mark M
14' Boxster S
08' Ferrari 430 spider, Gated 6 sp.
17' Levente White/Tan
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Weird. I don't think mine has anything like that. I will look next time I am in the car
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Update....Seems like if you don't have a hitch, you can't add one....maybe later Maserati will make a Add on, but I wouldn't count on it.....Soooo, I found a dealer and she had some cars in que to be built, with no owners, so she sent in a change order for one of them and I got everything I really wanted and a Trailer hitch....Car will arrive in March or before she said.....Might as well wait a few months then regret not getting what we wanted for years ...Lol.. That will give me time to sell the Porsche Cayenne diesel....
Mark

Mark M
14' Boxster S
17' Levente White/Tan

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hm... the only other option I can think of is getting one welded on there through the "aftermarket" but that's probably something I wouldn't want to mess with just because I'm not too sure how well it'll hold up.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmilam View Post
Lol.. That will give me time to sell the Porsche Cayenne diesel....
Mark
Funny, I traded in my Cayenne diesel for a Levante. Let's not discuss what I got for it. I liked it, but I like the Maserati a whole lot more. Although I do miss the diesel's MPG...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengoshi View Post
Funny, I traded in my Cayenne diesel for a Levante. Let's not discuss what I got for it. I liked it, but I like the Maserati a whole lot more. Although I do miss the diesel's MPG...
Curious, what did they give you for Cayenne diesel? I have a 2014...its all paid off, so I have to weigh the tax advantage of a trade....but I have a feeling they will give me a bath, so may sell it on my own or see what Carmax will give me for it...It does have the 6 year 100K warranty.....

Mark

Mark M
14' Boxster S
17' Levente White/Tan
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I dont think they all get the hitch??.. If you notice the configurator.. .. if you add the the hitch you can no longer get the hatchback to be opened with your foot... so im pretty sure they are 2 different options... unfortunately your cant have both..

jp
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yep, Thats why we decided to just ordered one......Suppose to be here March.....White/Tan/Tan...gray headliner....Red Brake calipers...Luxury package....Bi Xenon Adaptive headlights......High Gloss Erable wood...TRAILER hitch :D 79,550 plus Del. fee/ TT.
Bengoshi likes this.

Mark M
14' Boxster S
17' Levente White/Tan
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmilam View Post
Curious, what did they give you for Cayenne diesel? I have a 2014...its all paid off, so I have to weigh the tax advantage of a trade....but I have a feeling they will give me a bath, so may sell it on my own or see what Carmax will give me for it...It does have the 6 year 100K warranty.....

Mark
$27k! Should have kept it as a third car but my VW Touareg V10 Diesel won't give up.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Pelletier View Post
I dont think they all get the hitch??.. If you notice the configurator.. .. if you add the the hitch you can no longer get the hatchback to be opened with your foot... so im pretty sure they are 2 different options... unfortunately your cant have both..

jp
This. We have the "kick motion" opening. No hitch if you want that option. Once you get used to it, it is a nice option to have.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page