Maserati Levante Forum banner

Radio on/off

20K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Joe 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to turn the radio on/off?

#4 ·
The center button on the right rockswitch on the backside of the steering wheel is mute and on the left rocker switch it's a source change button. There isn't an official "power off" button that I'm aware of. Generally you just change the media, or mute the system apparently. I'll dig deeper on that though to see. You can turn the screen off for the MTC, however, that doesn't mean the radio stops playing unless you've muted it etc.

#5 ·
The mute button does not turn off the radio - it does not hold after a restart. One could turn the volume all the way down or change the media source but I must say I've never seen a car without a power button for the audio system. Design flaw?

#6 ·
Not necessarily a design flaw. The U-Connect system which the MTC+ is based off of has the same constraints in some vehicles. Since the system is completely software driven, I'm guessing they believe switching media is akin to turning off the radio, as the radio turns "off" once the next option is selected. It's an interesting philosophy to not have an "off" button, I agree. I'll just turn it down, or switch to the SD card if I want silence. I spend most of my time listening to the engine "brap" along anyways hah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.