2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Recalls

Has anyone heard of the Masarati Lavente recalls. I heard they are recalling lot of vehicles due to various issues including transmission. Should start getting letters by march 31st. I have had no problems with my car except the freezing of the navigation module which was fixed by a upgrade and the fact my windshield cracked due to a stress . Awaiting new windshield from Masarati.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I experienced the mysto switch from drive to neutral in stop and go traffic. I may have even been the guy who prompted that recall, as it happened in November. But the fix is an easy software fix.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Joe

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I also had the "shift-to-neutral" and "MTC freeze" update done last January. Today, my MTC started freezing again. My dealer says there is another software update....doing it tomorrow.
Also, I received an "interim" recall notice regarding the seat wiring harness rubbing on the seat frame. Correction scheduled for third quarter of 2017....

Joe B.
2017 Levante S
Grigio Maratea

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Considering it's becoming known to be an issue that people encounter often, owners should try to call the dealership and check in anyways
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Also, I received an "interim" recall notice regarding the seat wiring harness rubbing on the seat frame. Correction scheduled for third quarter of 2017....
Joe: I am this issue in my Levante but the shop does not seems to have a clear idea of what is it. Such noise is driving me crazy, no way to silence it, by now.
So, you say the recall you received says that this is due to the sit wiring harness. Do you have more details about it?

Thanks
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Joe

I don't think this involved anything to do with noise....The recall notice I received from Maserati USA cited a condition where the seat wiring harness could rub against the seat frame causing a potential short or fire. This was an "Interim Recall Notice" with the fix expected in the second or third quarter of 2017. I would post the notice, but I threw it out....
Jordy71 likes this.

Joe B.
2017 Levante S
Grigio Maratea

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Maybe try checking with another dealership, a fresh mind to check it out could prove helpful ?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I asked my dealer about the wiring harness thing. We got our car in Feb 2017. He said that my car should not have that issue as it was fixed before our car was delivered..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy71 View Post
Joe: I am this issue in my Levante but the shop does not seems to have a clear idea of what is it. Such noise is driving me crazy, no way to silence it, by now.
So, you say the recall you received says that this is due to the sit wiring harness. Do you have more details about it?

Thanks
If it's making a noise particularly when driving faster, you might want to check the front windshield plastic moldings. It tends to get loose and a quick "snap-in" should fix the problem assuming that's the culprit.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
If it's making a noise particularly when driving faster, you might want to check the front windshield plastic moldings. It tends to get loose and a quick "snap-in" should fix the problem assuming that's the culprit.
Thanks Abe, I will try out that. Let you know if that was the culprit.
Abe likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page