metal overlays on trim and buttons - Maserati Levante Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
metal overlays on trim and buttons

Hello all, I see a lot of metal look overlays on eBay for trim parts and switches on the Levante coming out of China. Any one have any experience with these. Some are sorta "tacky" literally and figuratively. I would be interested in capping the seat adjustment buttons (I think they look cheapie) and maybe the window / door controls. I wonder how well they fit and if they cause issues with functionality of the switches. Here are some links to what I am talking about:

Inner Seat Control Switch Button Cover Trim ABS Fit For Maserati levante 2016 | eBay

4pcs ABS Door Handle Holder Window Lift Switch Cover For Maserati Levante 16-17 | eBay
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The seat controls don't look half bad but the window lift cover looks real tacky haha.

They shouldn't cause any issues to use though but I'm not too sure if fitment is really going to be as great and on-point as the ad has it listed as
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
The seat controls don't look half bad but the window lift cover looks real tacky haha.

They shouldn't cause any issues to use though but I'm not too sure if fitment is really going to be as great and on-point as the ad has it listed as

I agree, I think the seat buttons need it. It's the first thing you see when you open the door and I remember thinking, man those look cheap. They need a little bling. The window switches are a bit much and the mirror adjustment is flush with the overlay instead of raised a bit, I bet that affects use.

Thanks!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Post up pictures if you decide to install them! The switch cover does make the seat buttons look more polished, not sure about the other listing since it ended.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Will do!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMTEXAS View Post
I agree, I think the seat buttons need it. It's the first thing you see when you open the door and I remember thinking, man those look cheap. They need a little bling. The window switches are a bit much and the mirror adjustment is flush with the overlay instead of raised a bit, I bet that affects use.

Thanks!
I really hope it doesn't but it would be good to note down for anyone potentially looking to buy and install them. Thanks for taking one for the team
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
I really hope it doesn't but it would be good to note down for anyone potentially looking to buy and install them. Thanks for taking one for the team
I'll seat with the seat control overlays. I'm thinking once stuck, forever stuck..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page