Maserati Levante Forum banner

Maserati Levante Won’t See Discounts Anytime Soon

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Maze 
#1 ·

Having only been on sale for a scant few months, potential buyers are very unlikely to come across a dealership willing to sell a Maserati Levante under MSRP.

The exact number of units produced so far has not been released by Maserati, but according forum members who works at Maserati dealerships, the Levante is in high demand and they’re flying off the showroom floors. When supply does not meet demands, dealerships are unlikely to hand out discounts.

According to Good Car Bad Car, Levante sales have been increasing every month in the United States with a huge jump between August (91 units sold) and September (387). October saw another increase with 501 vehicles sold. We can expect to see another sales increase when the November numbers are published.

The same cannot be said for Canada as only 64 SUVs were sold in the span of three months. Maybe there is less demand in Canada, in which case potential buyers could try to negotiate a deal. Or the Canadian market is just not receiving as many units as the states and the model is still selling like hot cakes.

Even at MSRP, you’ll still be walking away with a Ferrari-fettled V6 powered SUV and maybe some Maserati branded paraphernalia on the side.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not sure if it's a website slip-up or not, but the Maserati Dealer in Oklahoma city has almost all their Levante's listed with discounts already. One of them has an $8,000 discount applied to it. It's a dealer demo, but still a nice discount.

https://www.bobmooremaserati.com/ne...-Levante-08bd48620a0e0a6b278b2504a6728804.htm

It appears it will definitely be a regional scenario for discounts starting out. Interesting.

#5 ·
Looks like discounts are starting to hit at various dealers. http://earnhardtmaserati.com/inventory/New/?vehicleclass=sport_utility
is one example for those of you looking at the discount structures. I'm not sure if those are straight discounts, but still interesting, again to start to see the discounts come into play. I'm guessing markets with more than one dealer are going to see discounts before single dealer markets will.

#7 ·
No idea honestly. My dealer stated they are not planning on discounting at all anytime soon. I think it's going to be a regional scenario. For example, California which is I believe Maserati's biggest US market, the prices may be much more competitive than say, Salt Lake City. I do notice that a lot of dealers have ordered base models with some upgrades, and those seem to be the bulk of the sales currently, which may make a S full sport package a bit more desirable than a base model for values sake. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

#8 ·
Aside from that dabubbs mentioned the only other scenario you will be able to get a discount is with a year end model and even far out where they have no competition you can still find those deals. But by now i doubt it will be possible, too early in the process.

Buying used is always a good route to go if your open to that.

#9 ·
Buying lightly used is a great idea I think. You skip paying the loss you endure as soon as you roll it off the dealer lot which can be a very good amount that you can put towards a better spec'd one if anything. Once it's only lightly used though. I wouldn't buy one these that are real used..

#10 ·
I looked at a used one in Fl....it had 660 miles on it.....owner's wife didn't like it, wanted a car.....I'm sure the dealer beat them up on it, after all it is "used" now.....But they wanted Full MSRP for it......I passed because it didn't have a trailer hitch...I ordered one with everything I wanted and still came out 1000 less than the "used" one. I love buying used, 2 years old or so...never had a problem, bought Ferrari's and Porsches' like that all the time......would have done the Levente too.....BUT, No used ones yet.....I've saved enough on the other cars, I guess I'm due a "new" one now and then ....:D

Reactions: Windy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.