• 1 Post By Tridentluver

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Slipping transmission

My 2017 Levante is experiencing an issue with the transmission slipping at high speed (on the feeeway), but only when the weather is bad (ice, rain, snow). Seems like a sensor problem, but no error shows up at the Maserati shop. Anybody else have any experience, ideas?
[email protected] likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I came across this forum as I am looking forward to buy a Levante and wanted to know a bit more on your experiences.
Most times, slipping transmissions won't show anything at the mechanic's scanner, still they slip and eventually a major overhaul will be mandatory. Being a premium car and new, I wouldn't set for anything but a complete transmission replacement; not fixed in any way.

I have seen a lot of slipping transmissions in different Audi's (A4, A6 and TT) and dealers always deny it as it implies the complete replacement of the transmission; please notice that nowadays transmissions have a lot of electronics and they don't really have many spare partes to replace and they are so complicated that it takes more shop time than its worth.

The best way to reproduce a slipping transmission is to push it hard along a steep hillclimb; don't do manual changes, let it downshift and change on its own. Find the proper place near the dealer and take him along with the head mechanic for a ride to show them that it is really happening and it must be replaced.

Good luck!

Regards
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LOL. "only at high speed in bad weather". You know that sounds like grip/traction control and not a trans slip. Jorgece has it correct though. Pull hard on a climb, reproduce it in good weather.

Lean and Believe

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Any updates? Let us know please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page