LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2018 Levante Base Fuel economy and reliability

Hi - we are looking to buy a new Maserati Levante 2018 Base with the driver assistance package. The fuel economy numbers on the sticker were 14/20, is that what you guys are getting as well?

In terms of reliability, how is the car?

Also, I see that the car is much longer (197 inches) than other cars such as the X5 (192 in), Macan S (185 inches) and so on. Any issues parking the in garages because of the length?

Thank you for your help.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have had the 2018 Levante for the past almost year and I love it . It is no longer then the Porsche Cayenne I had. fits fine in the same garage space. Now let's talk gas mileage....horrific....but if you have to ask about the mileage they say you shouldn't buy the car....I disagree with that!!! We own 9 cars. I traded in my Cayenne when Porsche refused to fix a major engine recall and I got the Levante since my husband drives a Ferrari....I love the sound of it...the interior is gorgeous. Does not ride as smooth as the Porsche but they aren't at every stop light .....in a year of owning it I have only seen one other in my part of Atlanta. BUT We drove it about 24 miles a few days ago...when we got home the dash info said it got 4.2 mpg....that's right 4 miles to the gallon...Surely it has to be a mistake but it always reads in that general area....Now that's insane. I would have kept the Porsche and risked my life driving it. The Ferrari gets way more then that. Husband said not to worry about it, he doesn't want me ask the dealer about it...so it sits in the garage and I usually drive my VW Bug Convertible....I also own a 2016 Corvette, a 1986 560SL Mercedes and a Smart car....Husband has the Ferrari, a 60th Anniversary Corvette convertible, a Shelby Cobra and a Camaro SS....my favorite car of the bunch the VW......
[email protected] likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Anyone else wants to share their feedback on the fuel economy for a base Levante? 4mpg is really really low!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Anyone else wants to share their feedback on the fuel economy for a base Levante? 4mpg is really really low!
We're seeing about 17mpg city and 24ish on the highway. Nothing terrible given it's size and weight. My wife is 5' 100lbs wet and doesn't have issues driving and parking the car. She really likes the 360/overhead cameras.

Our garage is 22' deep and fits just fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_detail_garage View Post
We're seeing about 17mpg city and 24ish on the highway. Nothing terrible given it's size and weight. My wife is 5' 100lbs wet and doesn't have issues driving and parking the car. She really likes the 360/overhead cameras.

Thank you so much. I meant parking garages in buildings and such. I realize it is a little subjective but just wanted to get your opinion if it is an issue to park in garages in cities.

Sorry to trouble you - I had also asked about the if the car has adaptive Automatic high/low beam on another thread - if you have a chance and have the time I would appreciate would thoughts. Thank you so much for your help.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

How is the reliability of the car?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 01:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
How is the reliability of the car?
The first CEL happened at 3k miles, dealer updated the ECU. My current issue is with the oxidized window trim. I didn't see it until after I did the first true detail since we picked the car up dirty. Local dealership blames acid rain and said to take it back to the selling dealer for review, but they're four hours away. Maserati USA is siding w/ the local dealership and not helping. I have the customer care mgr's number to call next.

What pricing are you seeing on the 18's? I was quoted 14k off sticker but went w/ the '17 holdover for 22k off. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the car again unless it's very heavily discounted. Our sticker was 84k which is silly for what you get. I much prefer my '18 Audi S4 in every aspect and will (hopefully) be selling the Levante for a Q8 next year. SQ5 is too small for our needs and Q7 isn't sporty enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The first CEL happened at 3k miles, dealer updated the ECU. My current issue is with the oxidized window trim. I didn't see it until after I did the first true detail since we picked the car up dirty. Local dealership blames acid rain and said to take it back to the selling dealer for review, but they're four hours away. Maserati USA is siding w/ the local dealership and not helping. I have the customer care mgr's number to call next.

What pricing are you seeing on the 18's? I was quoted 14k off sticker but went w/ the '17 holdover for 22k off. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the car again unless it's very heavily discounted. Our sticker was 84k which is silly for what you get. I much prefer my '18 Audi S4 in every aspect and will (hopefully) be selling the Levante for a Q8 next year. SQ5 is too small for our needs and Q7 isn't sporty enough.

Thank you. I am not familiar with the acronyms such as CEL and ECU. Please clarify.

I really liked the 2018 GranLusso Levante (the regular 245 HP engine). I am being offered $19K off of MSRP, and this is not a demo car. It is new with like 80 miles or so on it.

It is becoming a heart over head decision since I really like the car, but all these issues that people are reporting are giving me pause. Plus we want to keep the car for 7-8 years, so the long term reliability is another unknown for this car. Really torn about what to do lol.

Thank you for your feedback.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Thank you. I am not familiar with the acronyms such as CEL and ECU. Please clarify.

I really liked the 2018 GranLusso Levante (the regular 245 HP engine). I am being offered $19K off of MSRP, and this is not a demo car. It is new with like 80 miles or so on it.

It is becoming a heart over head decision since I really like the car, but all these issues that people are reporting are giving me pause. Plus we want to keep the car for 7-8 years, so the long term reliability is another unknown for this car. Really torn about what to do lol.

Thank you for your feedback.
CEL - check engine light
ECU - electronic control unit

There just isn't enough empirical evidence since these were just released for '17 model year. Given this forum is very quiet, that isn't helping the case much. That said, there are many new Audi owners with blown turbos and buy backs, but mine has been trouble free for 15k miles. My wife really enjoys the car and overall uniqueness that is associated with the Maserati name tag. I'm comfortable with the reliability risk as I have good working relationships with two euro shops that can handle any maintenance once we surpass the warranty period. Both shops have already forewarned me about the likelihood of the air suspension having issues around the five year mark. We buy these types of vehicles as we're not looking for a basic appliance to drive around town. I want the driving experience, and with that comes some risks. If you wanted safe, then I would steer towards a Highlander or Lexus. Those vehicles aren't for me, so I deal with quirky european cars.

Do you have a link to the one you're watching? The 18's have electronic steering as compared to the hydraulic steering in the '17s. The discount you're seeing is very competitive.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
CEL - check engine light
ECU - electronic control unit

There just isn't enough empirical evidence since these were just released for '17 model year. Given this forum is very quiet, that isn't helping the case much. That said, there are many new Audi owners with blown turbos and buy backs, but mine has been trouble free for 15k miles. My wife really enjoys the car and overall uniqueness that is associated with the Maserati name tag. I'm comfortable with the reliability risk as I have good working relationships with two euro shops that can handle any maintenance once we surpass the warranty period. Both shops have already forewarned me about the likelihood of the air suspension having issues around the five year mark. We buy these types of vehicles as we're not looking for a basic appliance to drive around town. I want the driving experience, and with that comes some risks. If you wanted safe, then I would steer towards a Highlander or Lexus. Those vehicles aren't for me, so I deal with quirky european cars.

Do you have a link to the one you're watching? The 18's have electronic steering as compared to the hydraulic steering in the '17s. The discount you're seeing is very competitive.

Thank you - that sounds scary - issues with the suspension. We already bought the car. I am not sure if I can paste links here but it was a GranLusso 3.0L in Mechanicsburg PA, I am sure you can find it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page