Front License Plate Holder - Maserati Levante Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front License Plate Holder

Does anyone here have a Levante in the San Jose area? I had send an email to Sto N Show to see if they had a front plate mount for the Levante. It doesn't sound like that is the case, but they could produce one if they had an owner willing to bring their Levante in so they can get the measurements.

If you are in the San Jose area, please send an email to sales AT stonshow.com.

If you haven't seen the Sto N Show plate holders, give them a google. They are pretty slick and easy to remove the front plate when cleaning, showing etc... Good setup. Much better than the tow hook option and certainly better than drilling holes.

Jim

Lean and Believe
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sheesh. Does anyone actually read this forum. Someone gets 2000 views on a air suspension problem and I get 20 for a potential solution to a common need.

Or... nobody lives in the San Jose area. LOL!

Either way, this would be a good opportunity to help Levante owners with a great solution to the front plate besides just eating the occasional ticket or putting screws in the grill.

Lean and Believe
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 06:34 AM

Hi
Traffic on these forums isn't quite like others I have seen, but with that said......

The product you are talking about is awesome. I had it for my jaguar f-type, and it required no drilling. Bought it for the F-Pace, and had to drill and returned.

If there is a product in the area that determines that Mike could make a "non drill" version, I am in immediately. Have a tow hook product now and it isn't quite "the strong mount" i thought it would be :-(!

Thanks, and a long drive from New Jersey lol!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Wish I had known about this a few months ago. I got the front bumper drilled for license plates (in NH). Thanks for sharing.

2018 Maserati Levante GranLusso
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks folks.

I do have the opportunity in January to put it up on a friends lift and take some measurements. He also has a Sto n Sho for his Dodge. We might be able to send enough measurements and pictures to them to send me a mount plate I can drill and send back. I'll talk to them about that. The "arms" will probably have to be bent up but we can start with straight arms and work from there.

But... If anyone from San Jose logs on and see's this... give them a shout at sales AT stonshow.com. I'll work on getting a prototype to them.

j

Lean and Believe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:54 AM

BTW, they are also great people to deal with!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz View Post
Does anyone here have a Levante in the San Jose area? I had send an email to Sto N Show to see if they had a front plate mount for the Levante. It doesn't sound like that is the case, but they could produce one if they had an owner willing to bring their Levante in so they can get the measurements.

If you are in the San Jose area, please send an email to sales AT stonshow.com.

If you haven't seen the Sto N Show plate holders, give them a google. They are pretty slick and easy to remove the front plate when cleaning, showing etc... Good setup. Much better than the tow hook option and certainly better than drilling holes.

Jim
Thank you for sharing, Jimmyz! I live in South Bay and I just picked up a Levante S from Maserati Stevens Creek. I told them to zip tight my temporary license plate in the front instead of drilling it; I took it off immediately when I got home, and I will keep it this way until 5-0 tells me otherwise.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Tan View Post
Thank you for sharing, Jimmyz! I live in South Bay and I just picked up a Levante S from Maserati Stevens Creek. I told them to zip tight my temporary license plate in the front instead of drilling it; I took it off immediately when I got home, and I will keep it this way until 5-0 tells me otherwise.
Please contact StoNShow. Please! There are good mount points under the front grill and they just need to get measurements and they will make us a license plate holder. Those mount points allow for a no-drill solution for the Levante.

I put their email in my first post. Feel free to PM me your email and I'll set it up if needed. This would be a huge help!

jim

Lean and Believe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
sales AT stonshow.com

Lean and Believe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm gonna bump this thread. The folks at Sto-n-show had a guy that was supposed to come in and get these fitted up but didn't make it. These front plate holders are a godsend to folks that don't want to screw in a plate holder to their front end. If anyone is in the San Jose area give them a holler at sales AT stonshow.com

Lean and Believe

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page