• 1 Post By Jera R. Coan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need Snow Tires

I purchased the Lavante with 21" wheels. I will need to use SUV in heavy snow. Tire shop and dealer said cannot put snow tires on 21" rims. Dealer also said would void my warranty. Any suggestions on tires, replacement rims, etc. At ski resorts and need good tires. Snow coming soon.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yes, your stuck with a full switch out - so you may as well go with the cheapest 19 rims with our bolt pattern and the most narrow mud and snows available. Had the same situation with an A8L and ML63AMG : great 21's in Summer but pure trouble in the Winter at 8,000 feet!

2017 Blue Levante S, Sport Pkg & Most Options. Mods: Grateful Dead Thumb Drive.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am a bit confused, are you needing to put Snow tires on your Levante or all season. if you can not put these tires on the 21 inch rims then why can you buy them? and why would they void the warrenty, just makes no sense. or are they trying to get us to buy their exstremly expensive tires they sell at the dealer that is 3 times the amount anywhere else?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliterunner View Post
I purchased the Lavante with 21" wheels. I will need to use SUV in heavy snow. Tire shop and dealer said cannot put snow tires on 21" rims. Dealer also said would void my warranty. Any suggestions on tires, replacement rims, etc. At ski resorts and need good tires. Snow coming soon.
That is weird, I just put on some brand new Pirelli Scorpion winter on my 21 rims.
Here in Italy you only have few choices in such rims size : pirelli, Michelin , vredestein. Consider the rear tires are different from front ones and not all brands have these sizes on stock.

Don’t know why your dealer says you can’t put 21” on. Maybe you have different laws ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 08:20 PM

Snow Tires. My husband and I live in Virginia Beach, Va. however we do travel north in very cold and snowy climates. Michigan, new york being just a few. we were told today by the dealer, that it would in no way void our auto warrenty if we put Snow tires or all season tires on our 21 inch wheels as long as the tires are the correct size.
mavante likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jera R. Coan View Post
Snow Tires. My husband and I live in Virginia Beach, Va. however we do travel north in very cold and snowy climates. Michigan, new york being just a few. we were told today by the dealer, that it would in no way void our auto warrenty if we put Snow tires or all season tires on our 21 inch wheels as long as the tires are the correct size.
That reminds me of why I hate buying used cars because little things like this that can't always be tracked can have an impact and not everyone follows the owners manual/dealer recommendations to the T. On top of that not everyone has service records that include every little thing the vehicle had done to it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 03:59 PM

Mavante, I agree, you never know what you will get yourself into with a used car, you would think that an owner of a levante would keep the service records on thier car. with the tires I spoke both with the company and the Dealership, The guy must of thought I was a pain in the rear when i made him repeat that you could indeed put 21 inch snow or all season on the 21 inch rim and it wouldnt void any warrenty the husband has it recorded just in case, we also got the dealership to print out what exact tires they recomend and they signed it, wanted to cover all bases.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page