Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the computer message on my 2017 Levante SQ4: Air suspension malfunction, Service immediately. Dealer has been working on it for 2 days now with no success, Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's interesting as I got that message on Saturday on my 2018 Levante that I just bought last week. The message went off but it does not seem like the air suspension is working. Bringing it into the dealer tomorrow. If I find anything out I will let you know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i would be concerned about the entire air suspensions longevity if what's causing it to throw that code is anything beyond a sensor.
Is the dealer at least providing you updates on what they have checked?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update for my original air suspension malfunction. The car has been in Grand Rapids, Michiagn dealer for last two weeks now! last news was they had to order new air suspension control module and all the hardware to go with it. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them. Apparently it was not just a sensor malfunction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been in a week and I got an email from the dealer yesterday that they are testing the control module as they think that is the problem with mine. Sounds like the same issue. Hopefully will hear from them today. Did they tell you how long it will take to get the module?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on air suspension problem. Levante is back !!! They changed the compressor,Valves and plastic rivets. As recommended by Maserati diagnostics manual. It took 16 days for it to be done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As great as that is that you have your car back, don't you think its unacceptable to have to deal suspension issues on such a brand new vehicle? (especially a Maserati) Not encouraging to see two owners both experiencing the same problem, on vehicles that are a year apart in age. 16 days isn't a short period of time for your car to be in the shop. Do they know if it was the cold/snow that prompted the issue?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Update on air suspension problem. Levante is back !!! They changed the compressor,Valves and plastic rivets. As recommended by Maserati diagnostics manual. It took 16 days for it to be done.
Not a bad timeline for that sort of work and the parts they had to get. Unfortunately for someone else it might take that long just to wait for the parts. Even more of a reason for someone like me to keep sitting on the sidelines. If it was a higher volume product then I wouldn't be waiting as long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As great as that is that you have your car back, don't you think its unacceptable to have to deal suspension issues on such a brand new vehicle? (especially a Maserati) Not encouraging to see two owners both experiencing the same problem, on vehicles that are a year apart in age. 16 days isn't a short period of time for your car to be in the shop. Do they know if it was the cold/snow that prompted the issue?
ANY new model, car will have certain issues come up and no one is excluded from this. When dealing with boutique brands such as Maserati, it may take a little longer for them so I don't see the need to be concern in "this" situation or to state whether something should be unacceptable or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wish I could say the same. My was great until yesterday when the message came back to Service Air Suspension System immediately and that my Entry/Exit was unavailable so back to dealer we go. Very Frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update to this issue? Is it a quick fix or this msg keeps coming later? I have a 2017 Levante that I got the msg this morning. Have taken an appointment with the dealer.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is this covered under warranty when everyone took it in?
if your car is within the warranty period, any air suspension issues such as these ought to be covered.

to update on issues like this, there have been a few iterations of Air suspension control module software updates released.

the time frames depend on what tech support advises should additionally be replaced beyond a software update and calibration addressing it.

one of the issues created is an overheated air pump, which can lead to premature failure later on down the road. preemptive replacement is advised at times, other times not so much. the module stores a count of overheat occurrences.
the hold ups occur in some of the necessary replacement components that are no re-usable; availability from suppliers becomes the wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the information. They took the vehicle last Friday. The service didn’t get to it till yesterday afternoon, they said they saw some blown fuse but they still haven’t completed the full inspection.
The frustrating part is I don’t have a loaner and have to wait for a rental till Maserati approves.
It’s frustrating having a expensive car that I cannot use.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts