Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got android auto working today...
Here are my recommendations
1 - make sure you are using a modern phone running most up to date system - I did this on a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon
2 - make sure your phone is paired with the car's bluetooth, make sure you have android auto app on your phone and it is updated
3 - You MUST use the OEM USB cable that came with your phone! DO NOT USE ANY OTHER USB CABLE!
4 - Turn on the car, plug the phone into the USB slot in front of the shifter
5 - once the phone is plugged in you have to change the USB profile from charging to file transfer (this is done by pulling down the notifications and selecting the usb charging notification and changing the profile from charging to file transfer)
6 - run the android auto app on your phone (or it may auto run) it will walk you through some steps then connect

It works for me at the moment, you may need to change the USB setting when you restart your phone, i'm not sure exactly, mine worked multiple times turning the car off and on in between.

I can't use my ipod over bluetooth when the phone is connected to the USB FWIW

The two critical steps for me are #1 - USE THE OEM CABLE and #2 - change the usb connection from charging to file transfer
- This works on the galaxy S7 on Verizon, other phones and carriers - YMMV

Good luck!

Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for letting everyone know ! A lot of people would have probably gotten stuck on this by not switching over from charging to file transfer. I know I would have gotten confused lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
?? am I suppose to be able to play music from a thumb drive via the usb port in front of the shift.??

I cant seem to get android auto or apple car play to work.. I know the apple should work (correct cable etc) since it works fine in my wifes car... Im wondering if i have a bad usb port..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you could try to plug a ipod into the usb port it should show under the media tab as a usb device, same with a thumb drive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you plug the android phone in with the OEM cable does it charge? does the phone identify the USB connection?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Too bad there's no insight on how well it charges our devices because Ford or Chevrolet already has smart USB ports that will identify the rate of charge your device needs and charge at the correct rate, or at least adjust to the range of devices it can pick up on. Would be a real shame if Maserati hasn't done that here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you able to connect an android phone with the OEM cable and see the USB connection status on the phone? can you change that to file transfer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes... Im guessing if a thumb drive doesnt work..... Nothing will!!?? my wife apple works great in her car.. .. bring same phone and cable to levante..

"connect device" !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts