Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
Just picked up my lavante in Buffalo yesterday in 6" of snow. Drove carefully home. So far it thinks it's a plow. Hopefully soon it will awaken it to it's true heritage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations! I've had my "S" in the snow/ice up in Montreal several times (not as much
snow as Buffalo!)...The I.C.E. mode worked great! Enjoy your Levante!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drove mine in Michigan's latest snow storm using ICE selection. Impressed with handling and stability especially at higher speeds.
As an also BMW 750-ilx and X-5 owner I have to admit to the equal if not superior handling by Levante.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Joe. The rain came and the snow went, allowing my plow to do a little of it's 'S' thing. really impressed so far. If it continues to act like it's not an SUV I might sell my '97 AM DB7, which sits alone in a heated space all winter. This thing could give it a run. Now if I can figure out how to take the top off...

Bob
2018 Levante S

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marshallgas, I just came from a Cayenne and so far the Levante S holds well against it in snow. Haven't used the ICE mode as yet. No Doubt I'll have time.

BoB
2018 Levante S

·
Registered
29 Posts
You guys do realize I.C.E. has absolutely nothing to do with rain, snow or any other type of weather conditions, right? I.C.E. stands for Increase, Control & Efficiency and all it does is give you about 5 more miles per gallon, softer throttle response and reduces torque. It's basically econo mode and works in conjunction with start & stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Abe, I.C.E. mode is very helpful in snow or similar conditions. It typically starts the car from standstill in 2nd gear (limits wheelspin) and the softer throttle response allows for smoother driving–and smoothness has everything to do with driving in low-grip situations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts