Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
What are folks' experiences with bike racks?

I decided to finally check out the access cover in the back of my Levante to see whether I can get an L-shaped hitch adapter for my Yakima rack. Unfortunately it seems like the kick sensor has taken up all of the room back there.

What do other folks have? I'm avoiding a roof rack because of potential wind noise, and I've had bikes fall over sideways and dig one of my past cars on the grip-style Thule racks that Maserati seems to offer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you install the Tow Hook package for the trailer hitch the kick sensor has to be disabled, the dealer does this through a software change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, do you know if it's possible to remove that myself? The only dealership I trust around here has a 1 month waitlist for an appointment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to thank you for the tow hitch information and parts numbers. My dealer located the only one left in the US a couple of weeks ago. Since I had the skid plate, it cost $940 for the hitch and $1050 for the four hours of labor. My only issue now is that the hitch comes with the U shaped hitch and ball. I need a 2" receiver for my KUAT bike rack. I see that Kurt makes a U shape 2" hitch. Did you have the same issue and found a better solution for a receiver or did you only needed the hitch with ball? either way , I owe you a six pack or bottle. Thanks again for the help. Your information is right on! Most dealers are not aware of the towing packages available. I had to explain the differences between the three packages offered to the part's and service personnel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone post a picture of their hitch? The web is limited. I also have a Thule hutch rack I want to use from our previous SUV. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI the hitch receiver is a standard 2 inch vertical receiver I believe. You'll need a 90 degree adapter as the receiver faces down.

After getting a $2400 quote for getting a hitch installed, I decided to go with a roof rack. I'm likely going to tack on Thule ProRide 598 racks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maserati Roof Racks

I bought the Maserati Rook Racks for $400. They are very good, can handle a relatively heavy load, look good and say Maserati on the side. They are shaped like a wing and seem to have less wind noise than similar ones I had on a Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seasucker - holds 3 bikes comfortably for us and can be switched between different cars. They are suction cups that mount to any surface.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts