Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2017 Levante has done around 21000 and the check break pad lights came on. Is this normal for Levante to replace break pad and rotor around this low mileage. Would like to know your experience. Thanks!

:surprise:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2017 also, when I did my annual maintenance last year at around 8,000 miles they said I have about +/- 60% left...so I would say that's about right. I don't drive or break hard, so I will be curious what they say when I go in June regarding the brake life!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be mentally prepared to shell around $ 1400 - 2200 depending on all 4 or 2 that needs replacement. Appears this car is high on maintenance costs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 30,000 miles and my breaks were making noise when i apply the breaks, noise comes only when coming to compelete stop. The dealer says front brakes needs replacement. The estimate is around $1400 for front brakes. These seems to be high so i asked the details, they mentioned that they need to replace the pads and rotors. Unlike other cars, we need to replace both Pads and rotars every time unlike other cars where if you detect early, you typically need to replace pads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all, you are lucky to get it till 30000 miles. When I checked with Maserati, they said it is normal to replace at 20000 miles. Looks like overall too high on maintenance costs (which they are historically known for).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts