Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sadly live in one of those states with mandatory front plate laws. Thus far (3 months) we have not been pulled over but I have previously been pulled over in my other car (335 coupe) but just got a warning. On my 335 i now have a tow hook mounted plate. I tried a similar plate for the levante but find it either blocks the far right or the center right front radar and creates false findings on the parking sensor.
Anyone with any success with a tow hook mounted front plate?
The other option of course is just leave it and pay the 135 dollar ticket if/when we get one. Just trying to avoid having my wife get pulled over for no reason and avoid drilling the bumper.
JB

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just go commando. I do, never stopped, plate ready to mount in tow screw sits in the trunk just in case. Google around the tow hook option works, in a pinch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in New Jersey and have not mounted a front plate..so far, no problem. My brother in New York, however, was ticketed by NY State Police for no front plate on his Maserati. This happened on the Henry Hudson Parkway bridge from Manhattan to the Bronx...He thinks the NYSP had a plate-reading camera that alerted to no front plate...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmmm. Never thought of that. They are eliminating the toll collection booths and going with cameras for those with no ez pass. I have ez pass so hopefully no cops come after me, I go through that pass quite a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't stink up the car with the plate, go Rambo. The car is to beautiful to have the plate. In Jersey they do not bother you albeit, it is mandatory to have one. Good luck, your Levante Brothers and Sisters hope they never ticket you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts