Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know Levante is going to be based on the Jeep GC, but how much do you think the two will share?

·
Registered
377 Posts
My guess, some suspension components, and maybe even things like the steering system. Aside from that I don't see a whole lot of things being similar. I could also be wrong

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they'll likely use the GC's AWD system. What about the engines? I could see the the SRT's 8 getting some consideration...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet the EcoDiesel from the Grand Cherokee gets carried over. VM Motori is a FIAT owned subsidiary anyways, and otherwise where else are they going to get a diesel engine to satisfy European demands?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I bet the EcoDiesel from the Grand Cherokee gets carried over. VM Motori is a FIAT owned subsidiary anyways, and otherwise where else are they going to get a diesel engine to satisfy European demands?
Thats true. They could pull a Jeep engine.
It also depends on how true of a Maserati they want to keep it.
Just maybe they'll develop a whole new diesel with chrysler for maserati.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats true. They could pull a Jeep engine.
It also depends on how true of a Maserati they want to keep it.
Just maybe they'll develop a whole new diesel with chrysler for maserati.
how does that make sense. Why would they develop a new diesel with chrysler when FIAT-Chrysler already owns a company that MAKES diesels...

besides the Ghibli uses the same 3.0L Diesel from Motori that the GC uses.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can see the suspension carrying over. I don't think they would create an entire new engine for the Levante when they already have a diesel engine that would fit nicely. I would think that a lot of the parts will be unique to the Levante though. jeep and Maserati might be owned by the same company but the two brands aren't that similar. A Maserati really shouldn't be that similar to a Jeep. The two should be separate and distinct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts