Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's very complicated. Maserati wants you to go to them for an expensive oil change. There have been a few methods suggested. You need to bypass the security gateway module that is between the OBDii plug and the ECU with an appropriate cable. Then you need an OBD reader that can delete the code. I just ignore the light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jacky
Be careful if a warning light comes on don't ignore it, I did when change oil came up on the dash, after a couple of weeks trying to get a local garage to change the oil who could but couldn't up date the computer. My Car then went into lip mode and had to be collected by the RAC and transported to the nearest dealership 2.5 hrs away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this can reset service light and release EPB (so you can change rear brake pads) for 2017 and 2018 Levante.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this can reset service light and release EPB (so you can change rear brake pads) for 2017 and 2018 Levante.
Have you bought one and does it work on a >2018 Levante? I bought a similar one from same company and it did not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you bought one and does it work on a >2018 Levante? I bought a similar one from same company and it did not work.
First of all, I have 2017 Levante S
Initially, I had this https://smile.amazon.com/OBDSTAR-X-200-Configuration-Reset-Software/dp/B06XSXVYDW/
Even though Levante wasn't in the list. this one did reset service light, you need to go to Ghibli and reset. this one couldn't release EPB.
I bought this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DSWTJTZ/ three months ago.
It did reset service light and release EPB. I did change rear brake pads two months ago.
this scanner list 2017 and 2018 Levante.
Honestly, I am not sure it will work on 2018 but it did list 2018 Levante

·
Registered
9 Posts
Posts on the Facebook Levante group explained that after 2017 Fiat Chrisler installed a security gateway module that keeps OBDC instruments from accessing the ECU. There are bypass connectors available but their use might invalidate warranty. I'll look into these after my warranty expires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Posts on the Facebook Levante group explained that after 2017 Fiat Chrisler installed a security gateway module that keeps OBDC instruments from accessing the ECU. There are bypass connectors available but their use might invalidate warranty. I'll look into these after my warranty expires.
Just use the bypass harness and hook it back up stock-will not void the warranty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts