Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati seems to be having troubles with their backup cameras on their 2017 Quattroporte, Ghibli, and Levante models and it seems to have caused a recall.

Freezing temps. could make the on-board system switch into safety mode and disable the backup camera. Total of 7,481 units manufactured between July 1 and November 14, 2016 have been affected. All you really need is to update the software however... or just kick it oldschool and turn around.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I really think so. Honestly, I've seen so many younger people now especially that can't reverse without a backup camera. It's hilarious !

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about young people trying to Drive a Stick!!....I have a Ferarri 430 with a manual gated 6 speed....My daughters are dying to drive it.....But They CAN'T....they can't get the concept of shifting gears, pushing in a clutch and turning a corner at the same time......I tried to teach them....And they are Smart kids too!!!....Its Hilarious, they are amazed when I drive and shift manually ;D;D

Reactions: mavante

·
Registered
377 Posts
How about young people trying to Drive a Stick!!....I have a Ferarri 430 with a manual gated 6 speed....My daughters are dying to drive it.....But They CAN'T....they can't get the concept of shifting gears, pushing in a clutch and turning a corner at the same time......I tried to teach them....And they are Smart kids too!!!....Its Hilarious, they are amazed when I drive and shift manually ;D;D
Great toy to have around, i just hope you budgeted for a clutch in those learning lessons :D

Might be better to start them off on a Mini Cooper, JCW if you want to be extra cool about it. I find that when some people try to learn on something like a Ferrari they're thinking more about it being a Ferrari than the process. But that's just my experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
baby steps.....
I taught my 3 daughters @ 16 yrs old how to drive a stick...
Never forget.. i get in the car and say... ok put it in neutral.. she says WHATS neutral!!... yep... a few tears later ..... they eventually got it.... and now they would have it no other way!!....

jp

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found the rear parking sensors to be hyper sensitive. With just a fine mist or frost I get the sustained been and red bars lighting up in reverse. I have disable the park assist for now but wanted to know if other had this or if I should be taking it back in for service.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
baby steps.....
I taught my 3 daughters @ 16 yrs old how to drive a stick...
Never forget.. i get in the car and say... ok put it in neutral.. she says WHATS neutral!!... yep... a few tears later ..... they eventually got it.... and now they would have it no other way!!....

jp

Yupp, that's always been the case. Used to try and teach a few friends kids, and the water works always starts haha! But once they learn, they absolutely love it! They want to go show off to all their other friends and it's a blast.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have found the rear parking sensors to be hyper sensitive. With just a fine mist or frost I get the sustained been and red bars lighting up in reverse. I have disable the park assist for now but wanted to know if other had this or if I should be taking it back in for service.
Won't hurt to call youe dealership's service department and ask if they can do something to lower its sensitivity.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There should be some sort of way for them to access the ecm and change the sensitivity of it. They're typically variable.

·
Registered
377 Posts
As much of a downside as this may seem to be I rather have it be over sensitive to fog, dirt, etc. than not. Just use it as an indicator to something is happening and follow that up with logic at to what you see is happening.

Plus it always helps to keep your sensors clean, so them going off from just dirt is sort of a good thing. Just carry a microfiber cloth in your glove box. BUT that's just me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts