Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy a Levante and am also looking at a Land Rover Velar. Living in Massachusetts and commuting 40 miles to Boston I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the Levante operates in the snow. It is one of my deciding factors between the two as I know how Land Rovers do in the snow as I have had them in the past. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Levante will do just fine with a nice set of winter tires.
Some members live in colder climates and their cars seems to be handling it just fine: awaken

·
Registered
14 Posts
As with most trucks, proper tires make all the difference in a given terrain. Don't think you'll find the Levante lacking in any aspects that the Land Rover would not. Luckily for you some videos are popping up on YouTube around Levante's winter performance capability. I cant post videos/link as of yet but just search 2017 Levante in the snow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have only driven in the snow a few times and it drove quite well. I have noticed that it sends power equally 50/50 to the front and rear drive shafts. As you know, the Levante has sporty all season tires (mine) or summer high performance sport tires that don't perform as well in the winter as winter sport or winter snow tires. My best snow vehicle is my BMW M3 on winter performance tires, but it does not have the clearance for unshoveled deep snow. I have a Range Rover also and I feel that it is only slightly better than the Levante due to the tires and not enough to make it a decision in purchasing. The RR has a stronger turbo hit (lag) and is not as smooth as the Levante, so making the turn out of my neighborhood to the busy street is much better in the Levante. The Levante has an I.C.E. mode that is really, really nice in the winter. I have no complaints about the Levante's snow capabilities. If it snowed a lot, I would get winter tires.

As an aside, I test drove the Velar. It is a very nice vehicle, but drives exactly as my RR (2016) but in a smaller package. The Levante and the Velar are on the opposite ends of the scale when it comes to fun driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did end up getting the Levante and the first day drove in the snow and was impressed with the way it handled the snow. Unfortunately less than a week of owning it I got a message that the air suspension was not functioning so now it has been in the shop for the last 5 days. Very frustrating as I am close to driving the loaner as much as I have driven the Levante.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Air suspension problem

I too had the air suspension malfunction code! The car has been in dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan for last two weeks.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts