Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maserati has issued a recall for the Levante in America. 1,515 Maserati Levante S units are being brought back under Maserati Recall 338.

The problem has to deal with the engine software which can cause a shift to neutral or stall the Levante whilst traveling around 2mph.

The recall was issued towards mid December 2016 and customers have been notified starting January 6th 2017.

News | First Levante recall

· Registered
115 Posts
Interesting, how they say a "single complaint from a customer in China," yet on the forums, we've had two reports of it. Regardless, it's nice to see they actually put out a notice to make sure other owners are aware of the issue. Thanks for the post.

· Registered
3 Posts
We took delivery of our Levante S right before Christmas. Close to 500 miles on it now. My wife called me last week while on her way home. She stated that while in stop-and-go traffic the car just shut off. I thought it had something to do with the Normal "non-sport" mode, which when stopped turns the engine off. However she was forced to put the car in Park and restart the engine. Now I see what the real issue was. I must admit that these new electronic shift systems are complete rubbish. Definitely one of the things we least like about the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.