Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maserati has issued a recall for the Levante in America. 1,515 Maserati Levante S units are being brought back under Maserati Recall 338.

The problem has to deal with the engine software which can cause a shift to neutral or stall the Levante whilst traveling around 2mph.

The recall was issued towards mid December 2016 and customers have been notified starting January 6th 2017.

News | First Levante recall

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting, how they say a "single complaint from a customer in China," yet on the forums, we've had two reports of it. Regardless, it's nice to see they actually put out a notice to make sure other owners are aware of the issue. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hah! I was told I was the first to report it and that the fix was created while my S sat in the garage for two weeks straight. And I'm in Manhattan....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hah! I was told I was the first to report it and that the fix was created while my S sat in the garage for two weeks straight. And I'm in Manhattan....
Btw, i reported the problem 5/12/16 (using euro dates here) and it was returned to me with new software 16/12/17. Coincidence?!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol okay so how many of you were the first ones to report it ;)

Either way, thankfully it's been brought to the "right" attention to where it's going to be dealt with.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that makes quite the amount of sense... not too sure how I would overlook that. Has anyone here experienced those symptoms/problems yet though?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Now this has me interested in seeing the gear ratios from the regular base to the S. Odds are with the other modifications done they changed the ratios to complement what's going on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It probably has electronics to shift gears quicker and a bit harder, slightly different ratios, just things to make it more sporty and responsive perhaps

·
Registered
3 Posts
We took delivery of our Levante S right before Christmas. Close to 500 miles on it now. My wife called me last week while on her way home. She stated that while in stop-and-go traffic the car just shut off. I thought it had something to do with the Normal "non-sport" mode, which when stopped turns the engine off. However she was forced to put the car in Park and restart the engine. Now I see what the real issue was. I must admit that these new electronic shift systems are complete rubbish. Definitely one of the things we least like about the car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, that shifter us crap. The only issue I have with the car. And having it go into neutral in the midtown tunnel was not a great experience...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I was the second to report it...Happened to me while in Canada in December 2016.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts