Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao tutti

I thought I'd alert the group that the OEM Maserati Winter Matts are finally out for the Levante. My dealer is gettting them to me, and I also saw a few on eBay, for what its worth. I will report further when I install them.

Also, a bit off topic, but I have to comment on the 2017 Ghibli Q4. My Levante was in the shop getting a new windshield installed (the dreaded stress crack), and the Manhattan Maserati "Courtesy" loaner is a Ghibli Q4!!! I must say, she is a sweet little devil. Its kind of nice to drive a sedan for a change, and that little beauty can really cruise and get into some tight spaces the Levante cannot. She is also a head turner, in beautiful black.

My complaints would include that it seems a lot noisier, in terms of road and engine noise -- Levante is whisper quiet in that regard. And forget about trunk and space for your things, the Levante is very roomy and convenient. This car also did not have the shift paddles, which I really cant live without (I noticed using the gear shift all day also messed with the stereo volume, as its so close to the shifter you cannot help but hit it once and a while). And for some reason it yielded many more dudes wanting to "hot rod" with me than I usually get (the Levante is a little more stealthy in that regard I guess)

I would not trade my Levante for the Ghibli, but heck if I would not buy one used as a second car one day.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I concur those little beasts are indeed quite fun. I did notice the exact things you noticed, and the dealer said that skyhook is not standard on the Ghibli, so unless you add that option, it's a noisier, and harsher ride for sure. I can't confirm that as I don't own one, but the one I drove for a day was a blast. So far, so good on my windshield, and fingers crossed I don't get hit with that one. Also, I'm definitely interested in your opinion of the matts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Couldn't find matts on Ebay....got any pics or Links?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wont post the pictures, since 4x4 beat me, but as a report Id' say they are nothing special. They feel good under foot, cushiony, if thats a word, but they are otherwise non-descript.

They dont even have the metal tag like you see on the Quatroporte mats saying "Levante" -- would be nice. The only thing identifying them as OEM Maserati is it says "Maserati" on the round hole where the little bolty things go. You would think they could throw a Trident or something more stylish on them... But they are better than the cheapo ToughPro mats, that are now in the trash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts