Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wanted to check-in and see what are the best deals people are getting, any specific things to definitely get in the SUV based on experience from other members here :).

Any things to watch out for. Really appreciate any guidance.

Cheers
Vishal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Just wanted to check-in and see what are the best deals people are getting, any specific things to definitely get in the SUV based on experience from other members here :).

Any things to watch out for. Really appreciate any guidance.

Cheers
Vishal
Hello Vishal
I would definitely get the 900W Harmon Kardon if you like music.
I got mine mostly loaded, maybe missing heads up display (didn't want it); otherwise, I put the money to good use and got the car ceramic coated (black), and it is a beauty as a result! Good Luck, and sorry not to give you a laundry list, but the stereo upgrade was the most important to this guy, and it was worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello there,
I have a 2017 Levante S. A couple things to consider. There are still a few (new!) 2017's on lots around and dealers are offering deep discounts. The biggest difference I can see between the 2017 and 2018's are the electric steering that allow for a much more active driving assist (like lane-keeping).

Mine has:
- Upgraded wheels: Worth it for the aesthetic. Keep in mind that anything 21 or 22 (I forgot) inches and above will be a pain for getting proper snow chains if you like skiing.
- Carbon trim + wheel: This is real carbon trim and looks really nice. Pricey though.
- Driver assist package including surround camera: I live in San Francisco, and I've liked this the most for parking and pulling out of driveways
- Kick sensor: I haven't gotten used to it yet but I'm questioning how useful this is yet. See my note about the hitch below.
- HK Sound: I'm coming from a Porsche Cayenne S with the Bose system. The HK system is clearer, but doesn't have a dedicated subwoofer like the Bose did on the Cayenne. If you're really into music, then consider the B&W system which is only a little more than the HK.

I got my car off the lot with a good deal, so I was limited in what was available, but consider the B&W sound if you're ordering.

Other things to note about owning a Maserati and a Levante:
- Find a good dealer. I live in San Francisco and there are three dealers around here. I've had bad experiences with the management and advisors at Maserati Stevens Creek (check out Yelp reviews), and had a really good experience with Ferrari Maserati of Silicon Valley. Maserati of Marin is the best in the Bay Area but they are hard to get to.
- Parts can take a _long_ time to arrive. Everything comes from the factory in Italy.
- Overall these cars are pretty reliable, but I have no intention in keeping my car when the warranty runs out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts