Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Levante and the dealer is recommending we buy a 3 or 4 year maintenance plan.

Would love some inputs from folks on if its worth buying the plan or not. If we don't buy the plan, how much do the annual maintenance (oil change, checks etc.) cost per instance?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bought a new Levante and the dealer is recommending we buy a 3 or 4 year maintenance plan.

Would love some inputs from folks on if its worth buying the plan or not. If we don't buy the plan, how much do the annual maintenance (oil change, checks etc.) cost per instance?

Thanks in advance

I didn't go with the maintenance plan because I didn't feel like it was a cost saving for me. I know every dealer is different on what they charge though, so it may work out in your favor depending on your dealer pricing, and negotiating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depends on how much it is usually. Some things are negligible when you go in for maintenance like replacing the pollen and air filter after the first year, but in the plan replacement is done in the first year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just picked mine up yesterday and said no. You are basically just making the dealer a loan. Your interest rate is the "discount" they give you on what probably are overly marked up prices anyway. The way I looked at it, my money is better left in my accounts until I need it because I trust my investment acumen more than I trust that the dealer is really giving me a "good deal". And even if it is a good deal, if the dealer goes out of business, you could get screwed.

So when thinking about allocating my investments, I probably wouldn't throw "make a loan to a car dealer" as one of the ones that would be high on my list to pursue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
just picked mine up yesterday and said no. You are basically just making the dealer a loan. Your interest rate is the "discount" they give you on what probably are overly marked up prices anyway. The way I looked at it, my money is better left in my accounts until I need it because I trust my investment acumen more than I trust that the dealer is really giving me a "good deal". And even if it is a good deal, if the dealer goes out of business, you could get screwed.

So when thinking about allocating my investments, I probably wouldn't throw "make a loan to a car dealer" as one of the ones that would be high on my list to pursue.
Yup way too many variables at hand and for all we know you or someone other members here might find independent shops that specialize in Maserati's, sometimes shops like that prove to be far better than dealerships. Seen it happen many times over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I disagree. The dealer offered me a plan for $1575 for 3 services. If you pay individually you will end up paying around 600 + 750 + 900 = 2250.
How is it a bad deal? Do not add to your payments just pay upfront - that is what I did on a 15K lease a year.

Makes total sense to me.

Sunny

·
Registered
2 Posts
I disagree. The dealer offered me a plan for $1575 for 3 services. If you pay individually you will end up paying around 600 + 750 + 900 = 2250.
How is it a bad deal? Do not add to your payments just pay upfront - that is what I did on a 15K lease a year.

Makes total sense to me.

Sunny
Hi Sunny, would you please share the dealer that offered $1575 for 3 year services? I'm interested in buying the plan, it's better than my local dealer's offer. Thank you in advance! - Wei

1 - 8 of 8 Posts