Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time a car company made the goal to sell over 5 times as many cars as its previous all-time sales record. From 9,000 units a year to 50,000 in just 7 years. They said they were crazy, but it turns out that crazy things happen sometimes.

Maserati has already booked 22,500 orders this year, which is far above the previous record of 9,000 in 2008. That breaks down to 9,900 Quattroportes, 7,900 Ghiblis, and 5,500 Gran Turismos and Gran Cabrios.

The launch of the Levante should be the final piece to Maserati's puzzle. It is expecting the Levante to sell 25,000 units annually.

What more will we see from Maserati after 2015? Where will they go from here?

·
Registered
377 Posts
a supercar would be great, they need it, they can do it, especially with being close to ferrari and being under control by Fiat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would completely agree with that. There are a few other models on the to do list right now, but with the increase in profit, i am sure that Maserati could fund a supercar. And I think people would buy it too. You don't need to move very many in order to make back your money and Maserati has such a great brand that people would be just as likely to buy a Maserati as they would a Ferrari or what have you.

Maserati has positioned themselves so well. They used to be more expensive than they are now. People now think they are getting a great high end brand for a bit cheaper. And if Maserati makes (more) expensive cars again they will have the sales volume from the Ghibli, Quattroporte and Levante to fund whatever they want to do.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would completely agree with that. There are a few other models on the to do list right now, but with the increase in profit, i am sure that Maserati could fund a supercar. And I think people would buy it too. You don't need to move very many in order to make back your money and Maserati has such a great brand that people would be just as likely to buy a Maserati as they would a Ferrari or what have you.

Maserati has positioned themselves so well. They used to be more expensive than they are now. People now think they are getting a great high end brand for a bit cheaper. And if Maserati makes (more) expensive cars again they will have the sales volume from the Ghibli, Quattroporte and Levante to fund whatever they want to do.
Exactly, they have the technology and the money to do it all, plus they can trickle down some Ferrari tech. It's very possible, they just better not create it and then kill it off like what Jaguar did.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Likely, if they're doing this well with what they have, then they seem to know what they're doing, just need to rinse, wash repeat.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is true and a must, im sure a lot of people would love to grab one, as the current coupe is not really easily attainable.

What would you want this coupe to be like?

·
Registered
156 Posts
a CUV would be a decent idea

but i think an affordable sports car would be an even more awesome idea :)
Now that would be a great idea. Another way to look at this (not a sports car) but Tesla bringing to light the Model 3 which is the most affordable vehicle on their lineup compared to all of their other vehicles that are $75k plus or whatever the case is. The amount of reservations they had was ridiculous. If Maserati did something like that, I'm sure people would eat it up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Come out with a small SUV and the Alfieri but make less vehicles thus creating demand.
Correct. I'm glad they're doing it the smart way by coming out with models that target a wide range of people, basically they're launching in some of the best selling segments. Hey who knows, the more they do this maybe in 5-10 years time we'll see a Maserati Hypercar again ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts