Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of powerplant do you think the Levante shows up with? I'm hoping Maserati just lifts the gear right out of the Ghibli for Levante.

Ghibli has 2 Turbo 3.0L V6s and a 3.0L Turbodiesel V6

3.0 L turbo V6, 330 hp/369 lb-ft, in the Ghibli it will do 0-100 kmh in 5.6s
3.0L TT V6, 410 hp/406 lb-ft, in the Ghibli it will do 0-100 kmh in 5s
3.0L Turbodiesel V6, 275 hp/443 lb-ft, in the Ghibli it will do 0-100 kmh in 6.3s

·
Registered
57 Posts
Given that the Levante is a Ghibli, it will surely get a powerful engine. I could see it getting the Ghibli's engine. The only other real option is from the Quattroporte. Does the Quattroporte have a different engine in it than the Ghibli?

I just hope that it can beat a Cayenne or Macan around the track.

·
Registered
377 Posts
im most interested in the 3.0 TT engine, glad to see it's power enough to take on a Cayenne. seems like it has the right recipe to be a problem for the Cayenne

3.0L TT V6, 410 hp/406 lb-ft, in the Ghibli it will do 0-100 kmh in 5s

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who said the Levante is a Ghibli?

@pitchfork I'm betting the Levante gets the diesel option in NA. Consider that the Levante rides on the Jeep Grand Cherokee platform, the GC offers diesel in NA... would be a relatively smooth transition into the Levante IMO

·
Registered
377 Posts
who said the Levante is a Ghibli?

@pitchfork I'm betting the Levante gets the diesel option in NA. Consider that the Levante rides on the Jeep Grand Cherokee platform, the GC offers diesel in NA... would be a relatively smooth transition into the Levante IMO
the chance of a diesel model is still 50/50
america rarely gets diesel models, the Levante diesel might be one of those vehicles that don't make it here as a diesel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts