Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Currently, only the base, S and diesel trims are available for configuration on Maserati’s site but a GTS variant could join the lineup later on.

Back in April, autoblog asked Davide Danesin, the head of Maserati vehicle programs, if the Quattroporte GTS’ 523-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.8-liter V8 engine would fit under the Levante’s hood and the answer was a yes! "Yes, it fits, and we have a prototype already," he said. Granted, it would be a while before we see the GTS variant since the base and S models haven’t even hit showroom floors yet and the prototype could be scrapped but, TopSpeed thinks that the Levante GTS will come to fruition and they’ve created a rendering in preparation of that day.

A few small changes were made to give it a sportier look; extra hood vents, lower intake is no longer bisected and it’s been widened and extended to connect with the fog lights. Another change to the lower intake is the new glossy honeycomb grille insert but, the upper intake remains largely unchanged except for the darker color. Connecting the two LED daytime running lights is a strip of chrome trim running above the upper intake.
Sitting at the bottom of the front facia is an extended front splitter which is matched by a set of side skirts in the same black color. Of course, they’ve included the iconic Maserati fender vents and the roof has two new lines for a more aggressive look.

This is a small detail that we could have overlooked if it wasn’t pointed out to us, the side-view mirrors are smaller, sharper, and the mirror caps are finished in black. We also can’t see the black clearly but it does sport a roof spoiler, carbon fiber diffuser, and quad exhaust tips.

A design and engine like this won’t come cheap. TopSpeed is expecting it to cost around $120,000 but then again, for that price you’ll be getting 523 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they bring it to market looking like this, anything more and I would be turned off from it. Maserati has to make sure they don't make it look tacky.

On top of this I would like to see what Wald International parts look on it, they already did the Ghibli, Levante should be in the works soon enough.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I really think it's just for aesthetic purposes to make it look a lot more sporty and performance oriented. I really don't think it makes that much, if any, of a difference

1 - 4 of 4 Posts