Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the idea of them making a hybrid version of the Levante? My idea of it is something more performance focused rather than fuel economy. Lets hear your thoughts

·
Registered
89 Posts
diesel before hybrid. The Diesel engine would slot right in, GC already has the V6 EcoDiesel from Motori which would be EASILY transferable to Levante..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Doubt it. Like gibson said, diesel before hybrid

I do not think Maserati even has a hybrid. Plus a hybrid in an SUV is going to be hard to pull off and still fit the huge engine that Maserati is probably going to fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Doubt it. Like gibson said, diesel before hybrid

I do not think Maserati even has a hybrid. Plus a hybrid in an SUV is going to be hard to pull off and still fit the huge engine that Maserati is probably going to fit.
The entire FIAT-Chrysler enterprise doesn't have a hybrid, FIAT has come out in the past and said they have no interest in Hybrid. Thats cool with me, FIAT is basically the pioneer of modern day diesels...

that Motori mill is more than acceptable, plenty of power and great efficiency.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think that it just matches more with the Maserati brand to do diesel. I think that the diesel will happen for sure, it is just a matter of if it will make it to the US. I could see them only offering it in Europe.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's even possible that they release it first in Europe and later bring it over to America. Anything can happen

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
diesel engine in it and people WILL buy it, even if it doesn't have it, but the perks to diesel make it tempting.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the diesel market for SUVs seem to be a good market to be in

Most diesel SUV buyers are always looking for other options. And the market isn't as competitive.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it does indeed.
they just need to make the right moves.
I just wonder how it will go over time as more and more hybrids come to market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts