Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After a few pictures of the new SUV were leaked by autoweek.nl before its Geneva Motor Show unveiling, Maserati decided to share a few images of the production model with the public one day after the leak.

The Levante shares a lot of its design features with the rest of Maserati’s lineup. Its hood lines are reminiscent of the ones found on the Ghibli as are the tapered headlights, the main and lower grille spanning the width of the bumper and the frameless door windows. Also shared between models are the three vent holes located in the front fenders.

Slated to launch in Europe this spring, the Levante is reported to come with three engine options in both gasoline and diesel. Two are supposed to be 3.0-litre, twin-turbocharged V6 gasoline engines and the third option could be the Ghibli’s’ 3.0-litre V6 turbo-diesel engine. The gas engines in the “S” variant could be tuned to produce at least 345 hp and 404 hp while the diesel engine will produce somewhere around 266 hp.

Paired with these engines is an eight-speed automatic transmission sending power to all fours wheels via Maserati’s Q4 AWD system that should be tuned for more grip in the Levante and provide a bit of off road capability. It’s still a SUV designed for mainly on road driving but now you’ll have the option to go off road. Also included is the electronically controlled suspension.

Set to go on sale in Europe this spring and then in the States later this year, Maserati may announce the general pricing at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the Levante looks great. Better than I thought it would actually. I like the sloped trunk and spoiler that keep things spoiler. I also love how the belt line curves over the rear wheel arch. I think this SUV looks very natural compared to the Porsche SUVs, and it looks sportier than the German brands.

·
Registered
77 Posts
On the Levante's design from LeftLane:

Although inspired by the Kubang concept that debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, it's clear that Maserati designers have been tweaking the SUV's look over the last five years. The production-intent Levante features a more serious looking front end with headlights that have adopted a horizontal treatment. A large, concave grille remains -- complete with the Maserati logo on the middle -- but the lower section of the utility vehicle's bumper has been reworked for a more up-scale appearance.

The side of the Levante features Maserati's signature portholes, as well as a rear fender character line that mimic the ones found on the Quattroporte sedan. The rear of the Levante features a sharply-raked tailgate and sporty-looking quad exhaust outlets.

Leaked interior shots reveal the Levante uses Maserati's familiar cabin layout, including steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters to reflect the SUV's athletic nature. This particular model is outfitted with red leather that exemplifies Maserati's Italian flair.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/maserati-levante-leaked-ahead-of-geneva-debut-91052.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts