Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know.

The Levante is basically built on the Cherokee SRT8 platform. Even the driving modes and UConnect system will be straight from the SRT8

With that said. How do you think the Levante will compare? The SRT8 is a beast of a car with a very powerful V8.

Will the Levante compare?

·
Registered
377 Posts
A high trim of the Levante will be comparable to the SRT8 Cherokee, nothing lower. Anything lower will be either a lower output V8 or a V6.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maserati will not have its SUV be outshined by the SRT8 Cherokee. I think that the Maserati will be more powerful than the Cherokee at a comparable trim level. Maserati has a name to live up to. It doesn't have to off-road like a Jeep but it does have to reach top speeds like a Maserati.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see the Levante as a higher class Grand Cherokee with a more powerful engine. At least thats what I hope for.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Corvette vs Ferrari. I imagine the Levante is going to get the Engine for the SRT 8... They won't compete for sales but mechanically they should compete quite well. the Levante will simply be an up-up scale Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does anyone think they will try to make the Levante performance trim go faster than the SRT8 Cherokee or will the Cherokee continue to be the 1/4 mile king it is:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts