Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday our touch screen went black and locked up. No response to any attempt use any of the functions. Tried to park in reverse but no surround cameras either. Dealer had no helpful info concerning these issues. Does anyone have any similar malfunctions and/or solutions? It reset overnight but still leary. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday our touch screen went black and locked up. No response to any attempt use any of the functions. Tried to park in reverse but no surround cameras either. Dealer had no helpful info concerning these issues. Does anyone have any similar malfunctions and/or solutions? It reset overnight but still leary. :confused:
When did you pick it up?
date?

i ask because there is new software for the MTC available as a campaign that came out mid-november.
if you picked up your vehicle prior, it probably just needs the campaign done, then you'll be good.

the campaign has to do with ambient temps of 32 degrees or less, so if you are somewhere warm, it MAY not be that, but hopefully whatever it is will be a quick update and you can be back on the road enjoying your Levante.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered in April, took delivery Oct 21. First one in Oklahoma. Probably is current as the Temperature dipped that morning and the steering wheel and drivers seat warmers came on automatically.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What ever the case may be software should always be the first thing to look at in this situation since its the easiest thing to get to.
Worst case scenario the whole unit has to be replaced but I doubt that.

Take it into the dealer and keep us posted on how that goes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had something similar happen -- just looked like it shorted out and restarted. Lost all my preferences.

But I have something far more troubling to report. My Levante has been mysteriously shifting from Drive to Neutral on me! Luckily only in stop and go traffic, but very troubling. Have to hit the breaks and re-engage into drive. A few times I had to re-start. The Levante is in the shop now and they were able to re-create the issue, and capture video, but its kind of freaking me out as they have had the Truck for three days now and no fix yet... Ouch. I hope this is not a design flaw. Let me know if any of you experience this -- they said I was the first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it in today and told them about the 327 recall for ETM SW UPDATE. Will advise on fix. Had to take it in anyway to have the new passenger seat frame replaced to see if it fixes the hard to operate fold down issue.

Also, has anyone looked at my post about Doors and Tailgate opening during washing? Would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RE: Doors and tailgate opening during spray washing.....Weird....Could it be you had your Key in your pocket and was engaging the buttons while waving the Wand around??? Maybe something in your pocket pressing on it??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Took it in today and told them about the 327 recall for ETM SW UPDATE. Will advise on fix. Had to take it in anyway to have the new passenger seat frame replaced to see if it fixes the hard to operate fold down issue.

Also, has anyone looked at my post about Doors and Tailgate opening during washing? Would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.
Reading an MSN review today, they reference a window going up and down on their Levante test model. Wonder if this is going to be an issue on some vehicles?

"We also had a poltergeist, which would intermittently cycle the heat on the driver's seat and roll the rear window up and down, somehow convinced there was a "pinch" problem."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...er-ati/ar-AAlewZI?li=BBnb4R5#image=AAlephh|36

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will post results of all the dealer fixes or explanations when they are finished working on it. Should be first of next week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I drove up to Montreal from New Jersey and experienced BOTH the MTC problem (screen displayed "overheat-shutting down" in 22 degree environment, then later on in stop and go traffic (sport mode on) shifted from Drive to Neutral. I thought I had accidentally hit the shifter as I was screwing with my bluetooth settings on the MTC, having lost phone connection. Picked up my Levante S in late October...I guess this means a trip to the dealer!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I drove up to Montreal from New Jersey and experienced BOTH the MTC problem (screen displayed "overheat-shutting down" in 22 degree environment, then later on in stop and go traffic (sport mode on) shifted from Drive to Neutral. I thought I had accidentally hit the shifter as I was screwing with my bluetooth settings on the MTC, having lost phone connection. Picked up my Levante S in late October...I guess this means a trip to the dealer!
I think the mysto shift from drive to neutral is a serious problem that may require a recall. My Levante has been in the shop for 6 days now. My dealers demo unit is apparently seeing the same issue. It's apparently a software issue, and Maserati is all over it, but apparently the update needs clearance by regulators. I'm told it will be updated by Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath. Meanwhile, I was given a courtesy Ghibli Q4 2017. Pretty sweet actually, fun to drive, but I want my truck back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Joe, which dealer are you visiting? I gave your report to mine, and hear a fix is in the works but it will be next week before its ready to be downloaded/installed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Joe, which dealer are you visiting? I gave your report to mine, and hear a fix is in the works but it will be next week before its ready to be downloaded/installed.
I really wish Maserati would just get rid of the current shifter design, and implement something better. It's been a bit of a problematic piece across the range. Definitely interested to see if the software update produces the needed fix.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I really wish Maserati would just get rid of the current shifter design, and implement something better. It's been a bit of a problematic piece across the range. Definitely interested to see if the software update produces the needed fix.
I agree. I love the car, except for that stick. When I first test drove, I felt like an idiot trying to get it to work. I eventually read all the reviews and realized its not me, its them. A bad design. Thankfully the Paddle Shifters are fantastic once its in drive....

·
Registered
156 Posts
It would be pretty cool for them to implement a dial of some sort or something. That stick is extremely dated looking.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would be pretty cool for them to implement a dial of some sort or something. That stick is extremely dated looking.
I drove a BMW recently and it had a similar electronic stick, but it at least had this button on top that you could hit to make sure it goes into park. Never a question. With the Levante, I'm always nervous I didn't push it forward enough jerky times and its in reverse. Bad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am going to wait until I get home next week. I use Ray Catena Maserati in Ocean, NJ. I spoke with their service department yesterday and they confirmed the software update for the MTC, but were unaware of the shift to neutral problem. I referred them to this forum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am going to wait until I get home next week. I use Ray Catena Maserati in Ocean, NJ. I spoke with their service department yesterday and they confirmed the software update for the MTC, but were unaware of the shift to neutral problem. I referred them to this forum.
Tell them to call Maserati of Manhattan -- in the big city!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts