Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All......new owner of slightly used 2017 Levante with 16k miles and has Sports Package. Black with Black and Tan interior. This is a replacement of my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee with Hemi. Have driven it a couple hundred miles and so far so good and currently no surprises. The only challenges i have observed so far is that how/where do i put a hitch on this and the whole start/stop thing is very disconcerting. I was able to get the garage mechanism to synch with the car without incident and am sourcing a local shop for some logo stitched floor mats. I live where it rains and snows.....ALOT and i was able to fabricate my own mud guards for front and back and it turned out quite well and does not look out of place.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
WRMDOVR, Welcome to the Forum.
Great color combination!
To avoid the auto "Start/Stop thing", put it in "Sport Mode". Then, the engine will not auto stop. You will need to reengage "Sport Mode" when you start the car again as it reverts back to "normal" when you shut the car down. Note: Cruse control is unavailable in Sport Mode, but on the high way, when you need cruse control, start/stop is not an issue. Just turn Sport Mode back on when you know you will be in traffic/signal lights etc. Many of us really like the exhaust sound in Sport Mode, and the higher shift points. It does reduce you fuel economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WRMDOVR, Welcome to the Forum.
Great color combination!
To avoid the auto "Start/Stop thing", put it in "Sport Mode". Then, the engine will not auto stop. You will need to reengage "Sport Mode" when you start the car again as it reverts back to "normal" when you shut the car down. Note: Cruse control is unavailable in Sport Mode, but on the high way, when you need cruse control, start/stop is not an issue. Just turn Sport Mode back on when you know you will be in traffic/signal lights etc. Many of us really like the exhaust sound in Sport Mode, and the higher shift points. It does reduce you fuel economy.
Hey Hoosier......That is exactly what i have been doing with regards to the Sport Mode. Completely agree with you about the exhaust note and wish it sounded that way when not in sport mode! Less than ideal mileage just comes with the turf, as our Grand Cherokee/Hemi never found a gas station that it didn't like! Getting it professionally buffed at the end of the month as it has a couple of light scratches on the rear hatch and some knarly water spots on the hood. Should bring her back to full glory. Still looking to add tow hitch as i do go to Sturgis.....towing the bike there is so much easier and doesnt wear you out before you even get there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts