Maserati Levante Forum banner

PHEV Maserati Levante

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mavante 
#1 ·
Maserati has confirmed that they will be introducing a Plug-In Hybrid Maserati Levante.

As the Chrysler Pacifica PHEV is going to be introduced, journalists were told that the Levante would be using parts from that to support the system.

Expected release date isn't confirmed but should be around the 2018-2020 mark and we can probably bank on the 2020 area to be honest.

Don't expect a significant performance upgrade, but rather a much more improved fuel economy and much better emissions.

Some journalists think it'll bother potential owners because this luxury SUV will be sharing parts with a Chrysler Pacifica... What're your thoughts on that ?

#2 ·
I don't necessarily believe it's a bad thing, as sharing amongst platforms has been occurring for quite some time. The Levante and Ghibli were both designed with volume in mind, and to achieve volume, some sharing is going to be necessary. As long as the vehicle doesn't lose it's heart and soul, and simply become a "rebadged" Chrysler, it's all good on my end.

#3 ·
Typically there are certain things done to those shared parts to make it unique to that specific car maker, the average buyer won't know unless they're able to dig deep enough and find where FCA markings are. Aside from that there's little to be concerned about on that end. Fortunately with it taking parts from the Pacifica we get an early look at how reliable and dependable the system is. From that we can decide if we really want to buy in now or wait after the storm has cleared.

#4 ·
That makes sense. It does provide a future insight on what to expect which is great. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to spot any of the parts taken, and even at that, it's all mechanical anyhow. Not like the 99' BMW 3-series parts still being thrown in Rolls Royce' now ;)

#5 ·
The easiest way to tell as an owner without having to do any sort of digging is when you buy parts and see where it came from, the part number and any other information that provides insight on where other than a Maserati its used on. If you can peak at the parts guys screen then you'll see even more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.