Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about the Trailer hitch....Dealer in Houston has 5 levente's that he received and ALL had Trailer hitches....This is the strange part, but nothing on window sticker or paper work that says trailer hitch option was ordered.....He thinks that Maserati is putting them on standard, event though configurator says it's a option........

I have a deposit on a car in Fl. (Im in La.) and Dealer said it has no hitch......I called Houston dealer back (which doesn't have a car in color we want) and he said, You have to look in the RIGHT SIDE Cargo area, and open a compartment and there is a Black Bag, it has the Plug in receiver that goes UNDER the bumper, after removing a plastic cover....He said, he discovered it by accident and said all the cars had one.....

I told dealer in Fl about this and he said he checked, but couldn't find bag ( I think he sent a gofer out and he didn't really know what he was looking for) anyway, Fl Dealer said, that behind the cover, under bumper, is a Black sensor box (maybe for kick sensor for lift gate) .........I'm thinking, since he really didn't look himself....I wonder if the black box, was a cover for the hitch receiver?? Can any owners out there please check to see if there is a black bag with Hitch in cargo area, not sure if its on the Side or the floor of cargo area, but Houston dealer said on Right side...

I need to know ASAP......the Dealer in Fl said he can see if Drawtite and install a hitch, but I hate to do that if one is already there and they just don't know how to look for it, because car is so new. Weird that Houston got 5 cars with trailer hitches and they never ordered them with it, or show up on window sticker...HELP!! Lol.

Anyway, I send a few Personal messages to some owners here, but I think they didn't go though because I don't have enough posts yet....I also have pictures of the hitch from the houston dealer. I'll try to post if forum lets me
Thanks so much for any help
Mark M
Lafayette, La.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update....Seems like if you don't have a hitch, you can't add one....maybe later Maserati will make a Add on, but I wouldn't count on it.....Soooo, I found a dealer and she had some cars in que to be built, with no owners, so she sent in a change order for one of them and I got everything I really wanted and a Trailer hitch....Car will arrive in March or before she said.....Might as well wait a few months then regret not getting what we wanted for years ...Lol.. That will give me time to sell the Porsche Cayenne diesel....
Mark

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hm... the only other option I can think of is getting one welded on there through the "aftermarket" but that's probably something I wouldn't want to mess with just because I'm not too sure how well it'll hold up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lol.. That will give me time to sell the Porsche Cayenne diesel....
Mark
Funny, I traded in my Cayenne diesel for a Levante. Let's not discuss what I got for it. I liked it, but I like the Maserati a whole lot more. Although I do miss the diesel's MPG...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, I traded in my Cayenne diesel for a Levante. Let's not discuss what I got for it. I liked it, but I like the Maserati a whole lot more. Although I do miss the diesel's MPG...
Curious, what did they give you for Cayenne diesel? I have a 2014...its all paid off, so I have to weigh the tax advantage of a trade....but I have a feeling they will give me a bath, so may sell it on my own or see what Carmax will give me for it...It does have the 6 year 100K warranty.....

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont think they all get the hitch??.. If you notice the configurator.. .. if you add the the hitch you can no longer get the hatchback to be opened with your foot... so im pretty sure they are 2 different options... unfortunately your cant have both..

jp

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, Thats why we decided to just ordered one......Suppose to be here March.....White/Tan/Tan...gray headliner....Red Brake calipers...Luxury package....Bi Xenon Adaptive headlights......High Gloss Erable wood...TRAILER hitch :D 79,550 plus Del. fee/ TT.

Reactions: Bengoshi

·
Registered
118 Posts
Curious, what did they give you for Cayenne diesel? I have a 2014...its all paid off, so I have to weigh the tax advantage of a trade....but I have a feeling they will give me a bath, so may sell it on my own or see what Carmax will give me for it...It does have the 6 year 100K warranty.....

Mark
$27k! Should have kept it as a third car but my VW Touareg V10 Diesel won't give up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont think they all get the hitch??.. If you notice the configurator.. .. if you add the the hitch you can no longer get the hatchback to be opened with your foot... so im pretty sure they are 2 different options... unfortunately your cant have both..

jp
This. We have the "kick motion" opening. No hitch if you want that option. Once you get used to it, it is a nice option to have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To MtMilam, I picked up my Levante yesterday here in Houston, and sure enough, it has the black bag with the hitch in it, I saw the cover on the bottom part of the bumper, but I have not taken it off yet to see if the receiver part is there. The hitch was not spec'd on my car (window sticker) so I am curious if the hitch is there or not???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey!! It's always a win when something gets thrown in and you don't have to pay for it ;) Welcome to the forums btw, you should start a new member thread and show us some photos ! @Herkimer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had mine installed today. Dealer had a **** of a time doing it. Seems mine is the 1st install in the US and the techs had no plans or instructions to go on. Spent a few days sending pics back and forth to the factory till they got it right. When I went to pick the vehicle up was a bit disappointed when I didn't see it, had no idea it was so well concealed :).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had mine installed today. Dealer had a **** of a time doing it. Seems mine is the 1st install in the US and the techs had no plans or instructions to go on. Spent a few days sending pics back and forth to the factory till they got it right. When I went to pick the vehicle up was a bit disappointed when I didn't see it, had no idea it was so well concealed :).
Hi,
I just sent you Personal message...I'm waiting on my hitch to be installed...was ordered with car, but didn't arrive that way....Dealer said they would install it for me when they made them.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
What hitch did you get installed? Is it a receiver or the curved one that comes standard. I'd love if a square receiver was an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, new owner here. Does anyone know whether installing a hitch will permanently disable the kick sensor? I have the kick sensor installed, and am only looking to install a hitch for a bike rack on the back. I could get a roof rack for the bikes, but I don't like having load bars up there (ugly) and an paranoid about driving into my garage and forgetting about the bikes up there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my hitch installed by the dealer as it didn't come with one from the factory. Cost was $2,093. The electrical connector is a 4 pin so does not support a trailer with brakes. Can anyone suggest an adapter which would be easy to install?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts