Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about any information on the harman kardon stereo are there any cool perks??..

how does it sound?.. can you save songs you like to play as favorites etc?? can you load dvds/cds?..

thank you
jp

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I'm not mistaking thats just the sound system meaning the quality of the sound/song.
I think 2017 do not have dvd/cd anymore. My 17 Ghibli does not assuming 17 Levante does not either.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Generally speaking, the head unit on the Levante stays the same, however, the amplifier and speakers are different from the base offering.

"The Harman Kardon system features 14 loudspeakers, a 12-channel Class D amplifier with 900 watts and speed-sensitive volume adjustment." - Harman Kardon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've found this sound system to be terribly inadequate. I'd never pay $2K for it if I had the choice (came with my car). I'm a bit of an audiophile and really appreciate high-quality, rich sound. This particular system doesn't do it. I don't know how the other premium system sounds but it might be worth looking into. My local high-end car audio shop told me I'd need to spend around $5K to essentially strip out the Harmon Kardon system components and get a quality system in place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've found this sound system to be terribly inadequate. I'd never pay $2K for it if I had the choice (came with my car). I'm a bit of an audiophile and really appreciate high-quality, rich sound. This particular system doesn't do it. I don't know how the other premium system sounds but it might be worth looking into. My local high-end car audio shop told me I'd need to spend around $5K to essentially strip out the Harmon Kardon system components and get a quality system in place.
Is there anything specific you find inadequate, or just the sound overall is "meh?" I'm curious if it's a speaker issue, or perhaps even the amp, or a combo of both? I don't believe you can replace the head unit as it appears to be all one piece, so I'd be curious how aftermarket would address that scenario. Perhaps an add-on or something? I haven't received my truck yet, so haven't had a chance to really push the system to see what I can do with it sound wise, but definitely appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the upgraded Bower and Wilkins system. It is very nice, but I honestly expected more considering the up charge. I don't need to listen with huge base, but if I want to see what the thing can do, I would appreciate some gut shaking base. All of my previous luxury vehicles had a more powerful sub.
It is also glitchy on connecting to my Apple iPhone 6s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agree, I think that it lacks low end response, I'm thinking about just swapping out speakers and amp, can't imagine that would be 5k but we'll see once I get mine in! Still waiting for shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Harman Kadon systems is very inadequate especially in the bass performance. This could be due to lacking in MTC option for more sophisticated equalizer

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm guessing it's most likely something related to the MTC, as my Rover has Harmon Kardon and the bass thumps in that truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I find the Harmon Kardon with 14 speakers Just FINE....I think it sounds Great...I did adjust the equalizer ......I know everyone doesn't feel the same, but it really isn't that bad at all.......I certainly wouldn't spend thousands of dollars more.....I know it sounds better with songs from my iPhone, than with Sirus....I think the Source of the music matters......Sounds as good as the Bose in the porche Cayenne......Base thumping ??? I don't listen to that anyway........But Good old Rock and Roll, it is fine. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I'm not mistaking thats just the sound system meaning the quality of the sound/song.
I think 2017 do not have dvd/cd anymore. My 17 Ghibli does not assuming 17 Levante does not either.
According to the specs it does have a CD player and I think I remember seeing one in pictures.

"AM/FM Stereo, Satellite Radio, CD Player, Auxiliary Audio Input, MP3 Player, Smart Device Integration"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Bowers Wilkins as well. All installers are super backed up but I purchased a sub (shallow Focal 10"), amplifier, wire kit, and line channel input converter; will be paying an additional $800 to replace the current subwoofer and plastic box that it's in with the new equipment and a fiberglass box. Hoping to have the job completed in 2 weeks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts