Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Maserati Kubang concept vehicle was was brought to the 2003 Detroit Auto Show. Maserati said about the earlier iteration of the Kubang, "At a time in which few other brands were going in the direction of a sport luxury SUV, Maserati was already thinking to build one." Of course then Maserati dragged its feet and let its competitors come out with SUVs like the Land Rover Range Rover Sport, BMW X5 and X6 M, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, etc...

Perhaps it is because Maserati now has access to the Grand Cherokee platform because of its position within the Fiat group, but now Maserati is ready to actually put the Kubang into production as the Levante.

Other than the change in name though, the Levante seems to be pretty much the same as the Levante. I guess Kubang just wasn't a very good name (which I completely agree with.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think there are many changes made to the Kubang in its journey to becoming the production Levante. The exterior of the car looks pretty much exactly the same. I'm sure there are some changes to the interior and the options that are available, but really it is basically the same vehicle.

Kubang

Levante

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like the only change to the Kubang was the name. And this is understandable since Levante is a much more appealing name than Kubang. Kubang sounds like it could be the name of a Street Fighter character, whereas Levante is more along the lines of luxury vehicle names. Kudos to Maserati for actually naming its vehicles instead of just resorting to letter/number combinations.

Do you guys know of any other changes made to the Kubang as it turns into the Levante and gets ready for production?

·
Registered
377 Posts
the tail lights wont be the same, Kubang has more concept car like tails that differs greatly from what a production levante will have

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see why the taillights on the Kubang couldn't make it to production for the Levante. They look like regular tail lights to me. Why exactly do you think they won't make production @mavante?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't see why the taillights on the Kubang couldn't make it to production for the Levante. They look like regular tail lights to me. Why exactly do you think they won't make production @mavante?
i dont know why either
they could have kept the overall design and just put in a cheaper lighting system if cost was an issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well they are basically one in the same. They just renamed the Kubang to the Levante once they decided to put it into production. There will be slight changes though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts