Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on MotorAuthority, and it gives an update on what's new and coming for Maserati in 2017. Just to keep you guys informed and up to date with what's going on

2017 Maserati Levante:

-New model added for 2017.
-Rides on platform unique to Maserati and fitted with standard air suspension.
-Available in standard and more potent S trim, both powered by twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6.
-Comes standard with all-wheel drive, 8-speed automatic transmission and mechanical self locking differential at rear axle.
-Comes with lowest center of gravity in class and 50:50 weight distribution.
-Comes with air quality sensor as standard.
-Sport and Luxury packages available.

2017 Maserati GranTurismo:

-No changes.

2017 Maserati Ghibli:

-Redesigned dash with new 8.4-inch touchscreen display and rotary dial controller.
-Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration added to infotainment system.
-Air quality sensor added as standard.
-Luxury and Sport packages now available.
-New electronic driver aids now available, including adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and blind spot and lane departure warning.

2017 Maserati Quattroporte:

-Exterior revised and enhanced with electronic air shutter that helps to reduce drag.
-Redesigned dash with new 8.4-inch touchscreen display and rotary dial controller.
-Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration added to infotainment system.
-Air quality sensor added as standard.
-Electronic brake added as standard.
-GranLusso and GranSport packages now available, the latter available with an additional Exterior Carbon package.
-New electronic driver aids now available, including adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and blind spot and lane departure warning.

·
Registered
377 Posts
50:50 weight distribution is big especially if they plan on coming out with a high performance version, although not relevant to the SUV's mass appeal it might help in bringing it closer to the Cayenne in terms of reputation. But that will be a hard battle.

On a mainstream level we should feel that balance and refinement on the street going through hard turns, high speed bends, power off the line, hard braking, and so on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
50:50 weight distribution is big especially if they plan on coming out with a high performance version, although not relevant to the SUV's mass appeal it might help in bringing it closer to the Cayenne in terms of reputation. But that will be a hard battle.

On a mainstream level we should feel that balance and refinement on the street going through hard turns, high speed bends, power off the line, hard braking, and so on.
The current Levante has the 50:50 weight distribution today. I don't see the Levante taking out the Cayenne, due to Porsche's production numbers, and financing capability (better lease rates) however, I do see the Levante being more "exclusive" for a while, as they production numbers aren't ramped, and the dealer network isn't as vast. I can tell you when I roll through town, the heads turn when people see the truck, especially when they hear it take off as well. It's a great first effort by Maserati, and they got a lot of things right. There's definitely room for improvement, but it's insanely fun to drive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a key thing that draws me towards the Levante. I see Cayennes day in and day out. Levante... you'll be lucky to see another one, at least where I am. They look different. They look refined and special.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's a key thing that draws me towards the Levante. I see Cayennes day in and day out. Levante... you'll be lucky to see another one, at least where I am. They look different. They look refined and special.
4 Sure. I parked my Verde Ossido S behind a Macan the other day, and the guy's look was like "what's that!? Why did I buy another dime-a-dozen Porsche?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts