Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Levante on order and I'm concerned that the moment I get it in early July the 2018 will be released. Any ideas on a cutoff date for 2017 / 2018 cars?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Typically the cut off is after the 8th month of the year, so anything produced after August would make it a 2018 vehicle. Now, I'm not too sure if they're making any changes to it, I doubt they are though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typically the cut off is after the 8th month of the year, so anything produced after August would make it a 2018 vehicle. Now, I'm not too sure if they're making any changes to it, I doubt they are though.
Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
MY17 was cut short for ALL Maserati models and the last production month was March. Dealers started ordering MY18's as early as April for GT's and Ghibli's and May for QP's & Levante's. We should see MY18's start to arrive in September for GT coupe models but realistically October or maybe even November for all 4 door models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MY17 was cut short for ALL Maserati models and the last production month was March. Dealers started ordering MY18's as early as April for GT's and Ghibli's and May for QP's & Levante's. We should see MY18's start to arrive in September for GT coupe models but realistically October or maybe even November for all 4 door models.

I hear that the 2018s will have electronic steering. Have you heard this? I would imagine it's for lane departure correction. Everyone needs the tech I guess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hear that the 2018s will have electronic steering. Have you heard this? I would imagine it's for lane departure correction. Everyone needs the tech I guess.

I've heard that is indeed coming and is related to the lane departure technology. I haven't confirmed if it will arrive in 2018, or the 2019 models as of yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Although it does not state why, all MY18 Levante's will have electric power steering as a standard feature.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Electric power steering is great. Very direct, feels good, I've been fond of it in other vehicles. Really don't trust the drive by wire systems though just yet. Their still too fresh for me I think.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Electric power steering is great. Very direct, feels good, I've been fond of it in other vehicles. Really don't trust the drive by wire systems though just yet. Their still too fresh for me I think.
Yup... Infiniti was my first go at electric steering, washed away all my doubts and most people I know that come from vehicles with some of the most engaging steering systems. Friend of mine with a Porsche 911 loved the Q50's steering, that says a lot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That definitely does say a lot considering the 911s are arguably the most driver oriented vehicles of our time. Maybe I'll go take one for a quick test drive just to see how it feels for myself. The Q60 RS comes with it too correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts