Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that what the modern luxury Chinese auto buyer would like is a car with a long wheel base. A car to be driven in, not to drive. Land Rover just announced the creation of the 2014 Range Rover L.

Other cars have also got the long wheel base treatment in the luxury segment, so I'm just wondering if you think that we will see the same thing happen to the Levante. I'm thinking we will since it seems to do so well in China.

·
Registered
377 Posts
SUV 'limo's' are popular, so I can see this happening, but before it might be a long wheelbase ghibli to rival the LWB Infiniti Q50.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think so. The Levante is already big enough to comfortably seat two in the back.
some people do want the extra leg room so it might happen, some cars have a lot of leg room to the point you can stretch your legs and still have a lot of space.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not sure if Maserati would do something like that for the Asia market

I haven't heard of it happening before.

Not even on their sedans.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yea the chinese are only interested in stretching the short models, like 3 series LWB, CLA LWB. There is no precedent for a LWB SUV. Or as Pitchfork said not even maserati precedent, Ghiblis is not getting LWB as far as I've read...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think Maserati wants to sell cars just the way they are :)

And I don't think the rich and famous in Asia will have a problem with the cars that Maserati sells now

If you want rear room get the quattroporte gts

Its not comfortable getting into an SUV anyways. Just drop into one of these and cruise out in style with your fancy driver

·
Registered
377 Posts
a used quattroporte would be nice and even something to compare to a new Ghibli since they will fall within a price range that will make for a smooth transition from one to the other

·
Registered
377 Posts
both have ample rear room. no reason for a long wheel base.
Yeah it's much unlike other official LWB vehicle's they're getting which don't have as much rear passenger space as the ghibli.
the ghibli should be fine as is, if it was smaller a LWB model would be needed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
no matter, they are the rear seats from a QP not the Kubang or Levante...

heres a pic from when the Kubang first debuted...

I'd say expect something similar just higher quality materials than the Jeep GC SRT..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts