Maserati Levante Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone having problems with windshield wipers not being tucked in and fully hidden when in the off position? My passenger side wiper stays up about a couple of inches and is visible when in the off position.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have had every problem reported thus far (mysto shift drive to Neutral, stress crack windshield), but so far not that one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had that and at one point the wipers would only go very slow on all settings and not tuck away even less. They operate intermittently, which you used to pay extra for on wipers but pretty sure it's a glitch. Could be dangerous in heavy rain.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had every problem reported thus far (mysto shift drive to Neutral, stress crack windshield), but so far not that one!
I got depressed just reading that but got a little smirk after reading you didn't get this one just yet :|

·
Registered
16 Posts
anyone having problems with windshield wipers not being tucked in and fully hidden when in the off position? My passenger side wiper stays up about a couple of inches and is visible when in the off position.
Mine is in the same position, just a couple of inches. I thought it was normal :frown2:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just make sure you know how to work Lemon laws to your favor and to whats right for your situation. It might what you need.
Hopefully it doesn't get that far and Maserati can do something for you. Keep us posted

·
Registered
115 Posts
My passenger wiper sits a bit higher, but it's been that way since day one, so assumed it was normal. Is that not the case?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same issue...I asked my dealer about it last November after delivery of my S, and, after comparing to several Levantes in stock, was told it was normal "they're all like that"....So this is a correctable glitch?

·
Registered
156 Posts
How noticeable is it, as I do know some vehicles wipers do sit a bit offset depending on windshield size, wiper arm length, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
checked with dealer and also saw several Levantes in on the lot and its quite normal for the passenger side wiper to sit a few inches higher and not be completely tucked in. Weird but normal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Every car that I have owned, the passenger wiper is up a little higher. Not sure what the norm is on Maserati but it's been the norm on all my Mercedes, Jags and on my Tesla Model X and S.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've looked at both private and official pictures of the Levante and the blade seems higher on the passenger side

Even on Right Hand Drive Levantes, it is the passenger side that shows a higher blade. Maybe they go totally inside the hood when they are not on auto? If you look closely, usually there is no room at the window corner for the blade to go down any further.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The main thing is that it's a normal thing and there's no need to worry. Once it's functioning properly and doing a good job, it's a quirk I can learn to over-look over time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The main thing is that it's a normal thing and there's no need to worry. Once it's functioning properly and doing a good job, it's a quirk I can learn to over-look over time.

If it gets under your skin, I think you can put a shorter blade on that side and I bet there is an adjustment that will allow it to tuck all the way under. Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm pretty selective about things like this, and honestly, it doesn't bother me. It feels like it sits where it needs to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Putting a shorter blade on could help it out but looking at it, you'd have to go a lot shorter to which at that point it wouldn't be cleaning any near as effectively.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Some of you may not want to hear this but as long as its not obstructing my view or positioned in a way that when driving I can see it positioned weird, then maybe it will be an issue. I can understand why its a concern but probably better left alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts