Maserati Levante Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone from the internet has rendered a Maserati Ghibli pickup truck which got me thinking about the possibility of a Levante Based pickup.

Its already going to roll on the BOF Jeep GC platform, would be relatively simple to stretch it a touch and carve out the rear for a short bed ;)

would be particularly useless but hey so are SUV coupes and 4 doors porsches ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't see this Ghibli truck happening, and I also don't foresee a Maserati pickup based on the Levante. At most I could see a larger size SUV that would be similar to the Levante. I just don't think people are looking for luxury brand trucks. Trucks are for mainstream brands IMO. Ford, GM, etc...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I really wouldn't mind seeing a Ghibli race truck concept, something along the lines of the Commodore UTE but of course much more high end and cooler.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to see a Levante race truck. The Cayenne has been turned into a rally truck before, if the Levante ends up with Jeep systems underneath it could be a wicked rally runner ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'd like to see a Levante race truck. The Cayenne has been turned into a rally truck before, if the Levante ends up with Jeep systems underneath it could be a wicked rally runner ;)

With Fiat owning Jeep, that's very possible. I read somewhere that the Levante could use Jeep parts, good chance it's suspension related stuff.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With Fiat owning Jeep, that's very possible. I read somewhere that the Levante could use Jeep parts, good chance it's suspension related stuff.
well yes, The Levante will be riding on Grand Cherokee architecture. So likely the 4WD stuff, i dont know about suspension, they could go a little higher end on that...

·
Registered
77 Posts
A combination of Jeep capabilities with Maserati performance would make an awesome rally truck. Even if it was just a one off, I would like to see that happen. Then we could see the rally Cayenne race the rally Levante.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A combination of Jeep capabilities with Maserati performance would make an awesome rally truck. Even if it was just a one off, I would like to see that happen. Then we could see the rally Cayenne race the rally Levante.
Thats not a bad idea, i'd like to see that happen. I know this is not uncommon, might just be a matter of time till we see it happen. If not, it will happen with something from Jeep.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found this photo set of an Evoque Rally car. Looks pretty awesome IMO. I'd like to see each brand's take on a rally car CUV.

The engine has been moved to the back and its a V8 5.0-liter supercharged engine that produces more than 550 bhp and a peak torque of 680 Nm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found this photo set of an Evoque Rally car. Looks pretty awesome IMO. I'd like to see each brand's take on a rally car CUV.

The engine has been moved to the back and its a V8 5.0-liter supercharged engine that produces more than 550 bhp and a peak torque of 680 Nm.

yea but that was done by an outside company, and they sliced and diced it. The Cayennes actually came off the assembly line and then had additonal upgrades added.

That evoque is simply a shell on top of a race truck chassis.

·
Registered
172 Posts
title of this thread should be changed from
Someone from the internet has rendered a Maserati Ghibli pickup truck

to

Someone from the internet has too much time on their hands

1 - 20 of 20 Posts